FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS and FMT/QMT models

So is there any difference in feeling between USA Deluxe Strat HSS and its maple top model? Any differences in sounds? I'm also little woried how Tobacco Burst would look in person, because in some pics it looks more like cherry sunburst(which is a good thing for me) and on some pics more like 3 colour sunburst. I also have heard that only FMT models have ebony board, is this true? :?: If you have some pics of your FMT/QMT Strat, please post them.

While ago I made a thread about Mark Knoplfer Strat and I'm still interested in buying that one but USA Deluxe HSS Strat is also very very tempting. I've played both and they were both excellent guitars but USA Deluxe would be slightly cheaper and it has little bit better specs.(bridge humbucker, 22 frets, locking tuners...).

Thanks!
    Can you honestly say that there is a more beautiful guitar than a reliced Olympic White '62 Stratocater?:)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/123...00805xlyb4.jpg

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I'm writing this with my eyes closed, honest. Gotta be brief, get outside and do some automotive work.

I don't know if the FMT/QMT Strats are the only ones with Ebony boards. It's not that important IMO. The HUGE difference is that they have body/wood mounted pickups, and they won't sound as if the pickups are in plastic. A deeper, more sustaining sound - or woody. Betcha that's why they have a bounce-the-sound-in-yer-face ebony board. To get some vibes off, before the body holds on too long! :roll:

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Strat with Deluxe or noiseless pickups, although I've said the Classic Player was nice, at one point. It's no longer around, so not a factor. What a relief. But the Deluxes have S-1 switching if you like that, and locking tuners, if not LSR rollers as well. Those gizmos don't turn me on. Neither do I like noiseless pups. True or REAL Strat tone is where I'm at.

Getting back to Mark Knopfler, If you can handle the stock/factory Texas
    Specials, then why not go one step further. American Hot rod Series? Betcha they're extinct. Just your luck. That leaves ONE. Oh boy, you've painted yourself into a corner. I myself own 2 American Hot Rod HSS, but would relish the last remnant of their kind..... Stratocaster HSS PN 011-7000X with Tex-Mex singles (love 'em) and a new Diamondback hummmer (???) and it comes in Sienna Sunburst (ash baby) which is......I just died & went to Heaven - unless I go now and do my work!

Your thoughts? :shock:

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Thanks for your help Strat Man Dwight! :) And here is my thoughts:

Well for me it's pretty impossible to try the FMT deluxe Strat. I live in Finland and I have never seen one and I don't even know if they exist here so I can't really try it so I don't know. Knopfler Strat was great but I don't like Texas Specials, they are ok but not enough hot for me. Don't know about noiseless pickups, never tried.

If American Hot Rod series guitars feel same as regular American series Stratocasters I don't think I would like them. Who knows if I like them but every American series Stratocaster I have played felt kinda boring or something like that. It's like they are missing something, they just don't feel right to me. I have tried few HSS American series Strats but same thing every time. But hey, who knows?

Actually I once played HH Floyd Rose USA Strat so that one probably was a Hot Rod series Strat. It was a long time ago but I remember that it felt nice. :)

By the way, Sienna Sunburst with ash body would look awesome! :D
    Can you honestly say that there is a more beautiful guitar than a reliced Olympic White '62 Stratocater?:)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/123...00805xlyb4.jpg