Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

If I were you, I'd do some research on Ebay for closed sales of that model (if you can find any), and see what they are currently going for. Good luck!
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Thanks

Hi, I just bought one 30 dusty as hell only 2 strings and one string peg missing, little tlc new set of strings and a string peg and a good polish. Looks nice and will go well next to my CD140SCE.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Way to go, Medic! And welcome to the Forum.

Thanks

Hi there. I have the F-03. My folks said I could get a guitar for my 18th. My bro' took me to the city for a guitar buying trip. I tried lots of guitars but kept coming back to this one. You know how it is. My Bro kept putting more expensive guitars on my lap cos my budget was quite generous for my folks. But even my bro' agreed I had something special. It is still my favourite guitar. Its so easy to play and so tough. I took it with my on a month long rail trip around Europe strapped to my back, no case. It got knocked a lot and then I tried to put pick ups in it myself so it has lots of holes in the top that shouldn't be there. So it looks pretty rough. But when ever anyone plays it they just love it. It sounds so balanced and fresh.

I would"t part with it for the world. Guitars come and go but there is a guitar that stays closer than a brother. This one has serenaded me thru some really tough times and good times. It was my buddy and my confidant--and it won me a wonderful wife!! I also made a girl cry at a party with it once cos my song was so sad- but I was to much of a gentleman to take advantage to the dismay of my buddies.

I also read it was only produced for one year. I bought mine in June 1985 so I have had 29 years now- longer than I've been married. My sn plays it now and he loves it to.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

That is beautiful, Crumbly! I love it you someone really bonds with a guitar, it is a match that should not be broken. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crumblypie View Post
    I tried lots of guitars but kept coming back to this one. You know how it is. My Bro kept putting more expensive guitars on my lap cos my budget was quite generous for my folks. But even my bro' agreed I had something special. It is still my favourite guitar. Its so easy to play and so tough.
    Very similar to my story, had a budget of 200 which at that time (must have been very early 80's) for me was a lot, this one was on sale for 55, kept trying others but the F-03 played the best, i had to have it. Since that day, a lot of water has flowed, a 30 year marriage came and went, a son was born and is grown and at university, but i still have my F-03, and just about to put new strings on for the next chapter to begin!

Thanks

I couldn't agree more with the view that the f3 is a very fine guitar indeed!....I came across mine at a pawn shop and tried two....the first was a fender gemini 2 which was ok but no better than my yamaha fg420a in my opinion and it was beaten up a bit....but the f3 was in another class altogether!....As soon as I strummed the open strings the tone was amazing!....I used to play with a guy who had a Martin....a very fine guitar indeed and had a go at it a couple of times....and the rich resonant bassy tone the f3 had reminded me of the Martin!....Beautiful Instrument both aesthetically and musically....never going to part with it as I honestly doubt I would ever find anything comparable let alone better!