Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Any information on Korean made Fender Avalon acoustic guitar

Any information on Korean made Fender Avalon acoustic guitar would be helpful and apprecitated. This guitar resembles the Redondo. It has a Strat-style neck. I recently purchased one, but after an extensive search I can not turn up any information on it. Thanks in advance!

Fenderfied
    Thanks

YES! Thank you for making a post on acoustics, after SO long. Hey man, I was gonna join under another name and make a post. Thank you, thank you!

Is this exciting or what?

I'm with 'ya on the Redondo and whatnot. I loved those California series with the Strat-style headstocks, and had the La Brea as an acoustic, and the Montara as an A/E awhile back. They were sweet. Now I play all-electric with acoustic simulator. Oh well, about your post .........

The Avalon came out in 1987, natural finish only. Folk style, spruce top (laminated no doubt, but sturdy), round soundhole (as if 'ya don't see it there), black pickguard and 3 stripe bound body & rosette. Back, sides and neck are mahogany, 20 fret bubinga fingerboard joined to body at the 14th - very traditional. Pearl dot inlay, and the bridge is bubinga too. 6 per side tuners are die cast.

Next came the larger or dreadnought sized Concord and Catalina. Then, my La Brea. But she's gone, I still have a Charvel, part of the Fender family now.

Sorry if I scooped anyone, but I'm really into this, 'n stuff. Play on!

Thanks

Really? Nobody makes posts about acoustics? Wow. There's so much to say....

I love electric guitars, but I only have one. A '92 NAFTA Strat. I hold it dear because it was a high school graduation gift. And it plays like a champ. I was playing or eight or nine years before I got my first acoustic, and now I have three and hopefully soon, a fourth.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I've been searching high and low for anything on this guitar. Do you have any idea what they would have retailed for, and and what their approximate value today is? I think that you are right, this is likely a laminate top.

I love the way this guitar frets and plays, and it has a very good tone for it's size.
    Thanks!

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Suggested retail was US $300. Then take 20 - 25 points off that depending on the sales volume of the original dealer, so $225.

About it's value ... well I'd say still a good $300 because of the unique headstock configuration and its desirability; could even say 'rarity' now.

Otherwise it would have depreciated, but nobody can accurately appraise anything without seeing it. Also, there's a lack of comparison data.

Yeah, nice talkin' acoustics sometimes, I mean AWESOME, and you're welcome too.

Thanks

The Fender Avalon were sold at time for around $350.
    You can still find these rarities from $175 in poor conditions up to $300 in better conditions on craigslist and EBay.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Looks like things haven't changed much in 10 years....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I was waiting on pins and needles for this info! Is Zeno still around to read this? If so he has been lurking for 10 years with only 2 posts.
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I love it when a new member leaps in to aid a new member from 10 years earlier, who disappeared after getting (or not getting) what he was seeking after two posts. Truly heroic. Hey, whatever happened to Strat Man Dwight?
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Yeah, whatever happened to Strat Man Dwight? I sure don't know, but he was a very helpful poster, he always dug in deep and provided good info for every lunatic question.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

A good man - he sent me envelopes thick with old-school photos of numerous guitars and guitar projects. He really struck me as kind of an ecyclopedic guy.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.