Thread: '51 P Bass

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default '51 P Bass

anybody know where to get parts for these?
    am i the only one who doesn't like mike dirnt because of what he did to his?

Thanks

You're not the only one. Sting had a better idea with his '55: keep it stock, but replace the original pickup with a Seymour Duncan Stacked Single Coil--it's humbucking but retains the single coil sound.
    Ebay may be one place to look for parts, but you may have to go with repros until you can find the real thing. At least you'll be able to play it.
    Happy hunting!

Thanks

Hey, new to the forum and I figured I'd post right away. Check out basspartsresource.com they have a ton of great Fender replacement parts. I don't work there but I have dealt with them alot, they are awesome and everything is delivered in a few days. They're on ebay as well. As for as the 51-56 p basses, those are my favorite necks, half way between a jazz and a precision. I have 51 or sting necks on all my Fenders. I even put a Sting neck on a Mike Dirnt bass, I hated the original neck and now the bass is killer.
    E=Fb

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Re: '51 P Bass

Quote Originally Posted by nekromanticsentfromhell
    anybody know where to get parts for these?
    am i the only one who doesn't like mike dirnt because of what he did to his?
    Never had a mike I didn't like. :shock:

Thanks

I'm real partial to maple necks and i did'nt care for the original neck's back contour.
    E=Fb

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I suppose maple necks are harder to come by on a bass. I like their sound, right on!

Thanks

I guess it's more cost effective or easier to produce maple/rosewood instead of all maple.
    E=Fb

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 55pbass
    I guess it's more cost effective or easier to produce maple/rosewood instead of all maple.
    Evidently so, though I don't know. But look at Squier - all the rosewood there. :roll:

And Tom - nekro. If you're really serious and need a specific part, I know that there is this guy, who has really gone out of his way, and has made it his passion, interest and small business to start making/importing repro parts, for just Fender vintage basses. I don't remember who he is off hand, but probably wrote his "handle" down somewhere, 'cuz yep, he's on eBay too. :?

I know that his stuff is good but also expensive, and I'd compare it to other businesses who have years before started reproducing 55 - 57 chevy and early Mustang parts, stuff like that, 30 - 35, or 50 years later. :D

FT Member
    Thanks

I have the Seymour Duncan on my bass. It sounds great.