Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TROUBLE's Diary

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Well I'm back from Christmas shopping and my toe is throbbing, I'll tell you about it later, I'm headed to a Christmas party.
    -Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

.... one of thousands anxiously waiting for the next installment.....

Fender Lover
    Thanks

O.K., my toe is better. I was in Walmart and some lady just had to get by when everyone was at a standstill in the electronic department. She ran over my toe with her shopping cart and never looked back. I yelled at her, "Merry Christmas !!", she just turned and give me a stern look. I dug down deep in my pocket and pulled out a bird and shot it to her.

The Christmas party went pretty well. It was my mother's side of the family, we usually show out pretty good at those parties. I dusted off the robot again. I was dancing with mechanical precision, nothing but nuts and bolts. All this took place on Friday.

Saturday morning, we all got up early and headed to Virginia to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family. The ride up was fine and we hit snow going up #77. When we got to her Dad's house, there was 12" of snow there, beautiful sight. I have a lot of land there and went to look at it covered in snow, I looked for a few seconds and decided it was time to go in and eat because they had turkey in there. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Her dad gave me a good gift card for Basspro shops. That works out great, I'll put it with my others and blow it on the Friday after Christmas. I'm headed down there anyway because I have to pick up my Marshall in Charlotte on that Friday.

I found out by accident that my wife got me a huge oil painting of Jimi for Christmas, I'm not supposed to know about it, but motormouth Matt (the step-son) spilled the beans. We made our traditional deal of me telling him one item he is getting and he will tell me an item I am getting. I didn't believe him, but he showed me, It's beautiful, I will hang it in the living room. I alreadey have a framed picture of him in the bedroom on the nightstand beside the bed.

I'm at work this morning (yes Sunday) I'm trying to catch up on paperwork and as of this coming Wednesday, I'm taking vacation and I am not coming back until January 5th of next year. Some jamming is going down at TROUBLE's house next week.

I've got the Beatles CD "Revolver" in the CD player right now behind my desk. I feel sorry for lonely people like Mrs. Rigby was, here at Christmas time. Now Lennon is talkin' bout sleeping and he is makin' me sleepy. I didn't get back from Virginia until late last night. I hate Tax people.

My ex-brother-in-law visited my parents yesterday to pick up my nephew's Christmas presents. This guy was married to my sister. My sister was a couple of years older than me, we grew up together and was very close, she was my #1 fan, she came to all my gigs and supported my work, she was one of the leaders for the "followers" of my past band. She passed away 2 years ago. Now he doesn't want anything to do with any of her family except to come pick up my nephew's Christmas presents this time of year. He's a *****. I miss her, especially this time of the year, it doesn't seem the same on Christmas day at my parent's house and her not there. Oh how she loved the beach, we would always play gigs at Myrtle Beach, S.C., because she loved to go there, I think she used some of our shows as an excuse to got to the beach all the time. She was the heart of every party.

I'm getting ready to catch something to eat (sounds like fishing), I might ride down to Bojangles and get a chicken biscuit, I love chicken biscuits from Bojangles. Their seasoned fries are good to boot. It's right down the street, I can go there and be back in my office in ten minutes. I wish they delivered. Only people that deliver around here are the pizza joints. It may be a good idea to start a business that deliver burgers n'stuff, chicken biscuits too. What about a bar that delivers beer, that business would boom. I love beer.

Oh how I love boobies, they were televising the Atlanta Falcons game yesterday and they showed some cheerleaders with nice boobies on the television, I liked them and was very thankful for the opportunity to see them. My father-in law was watching with me and he was the first one to see them, he cried out, "Boobies !!", as he pointed excitedly to the T.V.. We watched in awe and it was a delightful Christmas experience with my dad-in-law.
    8)

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

8)
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Lover
    The only reason I'm Lucky13 is because all other life forms were taken when I got to this planet!
    Thanks

I never order food to be delivered. Times have changed and I just don't trust anyone. Some perve will sooner or later do something vile to food delivered if you order it long enough. It's like playing russian roulette.
    Unless it was Boobies like you described, I think those would be safe delivered.
    I like "Everybody's got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey".
    I hate taxes, I think they take too much out. I'm tax exempt while I'm here and all the free letters I can mail. I take advantage on the taxes but I don't write much.
    I want to thank all you people with diary's here that I can post in. It's like I live vicariously through your diary's.
    The holidays are upon us, and you all need to be safe during them. Drink water, eat your green vegetables, and watch out for drunk drivers.
    Vicarious13

Fender Lover
    Thanks

8)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

8)
    http://www.fendertalk.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic581_3.gif

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I decided to start vacation early, so I'm starting today in about 1 hour. 8)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

O.K. smellers, I am having a ball on my time off from work. This morning I pulled out a '01 American Series Strat that I re-strung last night, plugged it in and got down I tell you. Things were funky, it was funkier than stink on a monkey up in here. Maybe I was extra diggy with it since I know I'm off for the next 2 weeks. I don't care what anyone says, I like the Delta Tone pickups, they are not my favorites by no means, but they sound great. Position 4 popped and spanked like a step-mother as I was twistin' around and like, take that ***** n'stuff.

That particular Strat, my wife bought me. I wasn't even looking for one, but we went into the guitar shop and ran into it. It was one of those touched by God and I had to have it. My wife told the salesguy to wrap it up, we'll take it. I looked at her like, "huh?" She's such a precious, precious woman. It is a '01, bought it brand new, 3-tone sunburst with a 2 piece (yes,2) alder body that is bookmatched down the center (you have to look hard though). It has beautiful figuring in it, rosewood board that almost looks ebony. The only modification I have done to it is that it now has a 4-ply tortise shell pickguard on it (shielded Fender of course). I like this one.

My wife is buying me a new Marshall for Christmas, I just wanted to say it again, just in case.

I also listened to "Abbey Road" this morning, I might make it the album of the week next week, I haven't decided, things like that take time. I'd have to sit down and weigh out my options and then sit and judge them with a critical eye. I usually spend between 4-6 hours each week preparing the Album of the week selection. Boy, you got to carry that weight....

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Well, I'm chilling out today. I'm listening to Jimi's "Live at Berkely" now, not his best performane IMO. I think I'll crank the Marshall and generate feedback later. I'm going to get some more tea right now though. I've been super busy this past weekend. My wife returned to work today from her vacation, that leaves me home alone. RRRAAWWWWWWWKKKK!!!!!!!
    Isn't it funny how grown men in their mid-30s, still act all giddy when they are left home alone ?

When home alone, I can do things that I don't ordinarily do. I went into my closet this morning and put on my official Jimmy Page dragon suit. I rocked out in it for about an hour and a half. I took the suit off and put it carefully back on it's hangers in the closet when I noticed some of my old concert tour shirts hanging there. One of them is from Ozzy Osbourne's Bark at the moon tour. I was in the second row in Greensboro. This shirt is unwashed and un-worn since that night. Ozzy had a habit of throwing whatever was in his cup, out into the crowd. That night he had vodka, and he threw it all over me in the shirt. I also got slapped by some blonde chick claiming I pinched her on the butt. I deny.

There is a commercial on the television right now advertising the "scooter store." Those motorized scooters for handicapped people. I can see how some people may need them to get around, but nobody can convince me that those "Hover-rounds" can climb a peak in the Grand Canyon like them little old ladies claim that are riding around up there.

Packers are still alive.

Thinking of Ozzy, that particular night I was talking about, Jake E. Lee was playing and he is cool in my book. I like his work, I still play "Killer Of Giants" all the time.

I miss Randy Rhoads, I've always wondered what he would have sounded like now. I love his classical influenced style that he was developing.

Even going back to Black Sabbath, I love Tony Iommi. I love to play his works even today. It is simple and elementary to play, but it still carries a load of balls. I love to play "War Pigs".