Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TROUBLE's Diary

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default TROUBLE's Diary

O.K. guys, my doctor suggested that I start writing things down to ease tension and stress n'stuff. You know, let off steam by venting it out and not keeping it bottled up inside. I thought I'd start a daily diary to document the happenings of my daze.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to get ready for work, I'm on 10 hour shifts so I have to be there at 5:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but I usually get out by 5:00 p.m. I am a plant supervisor at a automotive battery manufacturer. I have an office and that is where I prefer to stay all the time. I'm here right now typing this by the way. I have been here for years and they don't bother me much anymore. I lock the doors and don't answer it most of the time.

There's some blockhead knocking on my office door right now, but I'm ignoring it, they will go away. I thought.........yep, he went away.

I have one guy over me here at this plant, we fight all the time, so we pretty much stay seperated. His name is Al. We have to go to meetings together all the time and we kick each other under the table. Let me tell you about the feud we have going. Yesterday (Monday), I had to go to the bathroom, there are two stalls available in the men's bathroom in the main lobby. I walked in the bathroom and both stalls were empty, so I took the one against the wall. I dressed out the toilet with pride and precision, I had all my reading material in order, I got the trashcan and turned it upside down and pulled it next to the toilet to use as a "desk" to read on. As soon as I sat down, ( I sit down a little at a time because the seat is always cold) as I was saying, As soon as I sat down, the door to the bathroom opens and it is Al, I hear him clearing his throat. He takes the stall next to me and he says, "Is that you?" I say, "Yeah it's me, what do you want?" He says, "oh, nothing". We sit there for what seems to be an eternity, I look at my watch and notice I have been sitting for 50 minutes. Al wasn't going anywhere and I caught on to his game. I sat there longer and after 1 hour and a half, I told him, "I'm not leaving here first if it means that I have to sit here all day long". I can hear the ***** giggling in the stall next to me. Finally, after 2 hours and 10 minutes, he gets mad and leaves, he slammed the door on the way out. I left about 15 minutes later just to make sure I had won. I walked past Al's office and he had his blinds open, He shot me a bird as I walked by.

:x Some buttlick is calling me over the intercom right now. I have to go to the grid casting department to look at something, I'll be back.
    -Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Do you have a wife named Edith and a son in law named Meathead?

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Do you have a wife named Edith and a son in law named Meathead?
    Uh.....no.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I'm moving this to a new forum. Great idea!

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Sorry for interrupting. I eagerly await part two.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I kinda got off track venting about Al. Yeah I got up at 4:30 a.m. this morning, leaned over and kissed my wife (who is doing much better by the way) then I looked over and waved to the picture of Jimi Hendrix that I have on my nightstand beside the bed. I jump in the shower and get out and dress, I'm not shaving today because, well I just don't feel like it. I go out the door and get in the GMC, there is still ice on the roads from the ice storm this past weekend. I get to work and get out of the GMC, start to walk toward the lobby door when Bamm!!!!, I fall in the parking lot on ice. I hit on my elbow and skinned it up pretty good. I walked to my office and shut and locked the door. I believe this is where I left off.

Well, I went back to the grid casting department and one of the maintenance guys was working on one of the machines. He was changing out a hydraulic directional valve for the trim die and he had hydraulic fluid all over the floor and was giving the foreman a hard time about cleaning it up. The maintenace guy said that some of the operators could get it and the foreman was telling the maintenance man to get it. Now this jackleg foreman called me all the way across the plant to hear this. He said, "He won't listen to me". I told the maintenance guy to clean it up, he said O.K.

I walked back to my office and waved good morning to a couple of people, I shut the door and locked it so I could type this. I have a CD boombox here and I am listening to the album of the week, which happens to be Led Zeppelin 4. Misty Mountain Hop is starting. I'm going to listen to the whole CD (turns CD back to Black Dog) then I'm going upstairs to eat a HoneyBun and drink a Mountain Dew.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Until this, I pictured you as a productive member of society. Strange, how wrong your imagination can be.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I went upstairs to get a snack and found out that there are no honeybuns in the vending machine. I grabbed some chips and a drink, the breakfast of champions. I have some marmite in my locker but no crackers to spread it on. As usual, I got flooded with a ton of questions like, "Are we working this Saturday ?", I just ignored them and kept eating. I've got this blues lick in my head I'm trying to work out, and I hate to be interupted when I'm thinking about it. It seems like it is hard to concentrate on just one thing, it's like my mind is going at warp speed and I just can't get a handle on a single thought.

Of course since I'm typing this, I have returned now to my office, my safe place if you will. I'm taking out the Zeppelin CD and putting in Jimi's "Are You Experienced?". I'm thinking about making it the album of the week next week since it is Christmas week, I have been saving it for a special occasion. I've got this (TROUBLE holds a miniture Jimi Hendrix figurine up to the computer screen). I found it in the closet yesterday afternoon, I now am keeping it in my pocket.

(Passes gas) Excuse me. Excuse me, while I kiss the sky. (TROUBLE sings along with the CD)

Last night I put a tortise shell pickguard on one of my sunburst strats. It looks cool, I haven't played it in a while and figured that it was time to "rotate stock". I'm playing through that 2x12 Blues Deville that I got the other day. I'm really thinking about doing a laquer job on that tweed, but I just need the time to do it, and patience I guess. Stratfreak was talking about how to do it at one time or another, I forgot. I might need to consult with him on what type of laquer and a step by step refresher course.

Some idiot has been knocking at my door for a while and he will not leave. I'll look and see who it is. It's my wife !!! I forgot to tell you guys that my wife works here too. She is the head of the medical department and takes care of OSHA responsibilities. Takes blood for lead tests, etc. She's a smart chick and is a RN and has her PA license as well. She's just now getting here because she doesn't have to be here at 5:30 am like some people. Anyway, I did all my good mornings to her and sent her on her way.

I'm supposed to be audited this week, starting tomorrow. We are QS9000 certified and now we have to get another certification to keep up with our competition. This certification is called TS16949. If yopu ask me, I think it is all a huge money racket. Anyway, this auditor from Germany is supposed to audit me and drill me with questions about our control plans, FMEAs, and documentation all day tomorrow, so I'll tell you how it goes.

Let me stand next to your fire!! I love that cut from Jimi. I wish I had one of my guitars here. Phone call: It is Paul, the head of maintenance, he says that one of his guys is upset because I made him clean up a bunch of hydraulic fluid, the maintenance guy said that he is a mechanic, not a janitor. I had to go through the spill of making the maintenance guys responsible for leaving a work area in the shape that they found it, yada, yada, yada. This is like babysitting, and to think that I've been doing this for 16 years.

Manic depression has captured my soul ! I know what I want but I just don't know, how to go 'bout gettin' it. I might send someone to Krispy Kreme tomorrow morning, that is a sure fire way to win that auditor over. His name is Willie. I have met him several times during past audits, He works for a coorperation called TUV.

I'm getting a new Marshall for Christmas, it's going to be one of those Christmas presents that I give myself. There is a Sam Ash guitar showroom in Charlotte, it's about 1 and a half hours from here. I could go to Greensboro to get it but I'm going to Charlotte anyway to that big BassPro showroom that they have in Concord.

The last time I was at that Sam Ash, the salesmen were pretty cool I guess. I tried out a couple things and one of the salesmen came over and we started handing the guitar back and forth trading licks n'stuff. He was a pretty good player. It turns out that he does all the soundtracks for Nascar there in Charlotte. That's his story, so I just listened, nice guy though. I didn't buy anything that day but a case of strings.

Third Stone From The Sun just started, I'm going to rest my eyes a bit.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerine49
    Until this, I pictured you as a productive member of society. Strange, how wrong your imagination can be.
    Like trying to stop a train. :D

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Well, I just got out of a boring meeting, where we talked about the audit, I'm sick of hearing about this audit. When I get home, I'm going to plug in and get funky. Funky I tell you, funky as stink on a monkey. I'm not going out for lunch today, my wife is going to bring some burgers back when she returns from lunch. She is supposed to be picking up Christmas gifts on her lunch hour. She's a good wife, not like my ex-wife.

About 10 years ago, (yes, this still burns my butt), I was with my ex-wife then, she asked what I wanted for Christmas. I replied, "Oh, I don't need anything." When Christmas day arrived, presents were all over the place, the tree was not big enough for all of them. I sat there patiently as the beautifully wrapped presents were passed out. I sat some more waiting, waiting, and waiting. Soon, all of the gifts were passed out and I sat there with nothing. Nothing. No socks, no stupid cologne, no nothing. I sat there and acted foolish, wandering where mine was. I thought it had to be a surprise. No, Christmas was over, everyone was going home, no present for me. I asked my ex-wife, "Have I been that bad this year?" She said, "Well you said you did not want anything, don't blame me." This is a true story folks and a fine display of how horrid my ex-wife was. I hate her, I really mean that.

On a happier note, my current wife is much better, she loves Hendrix and love guitars. (TROUBLE puts feet up on desk with no shoes and starts to clip his toenails as he talks) Well, I was scared of my first wife and it takes a long time to get out of that paraniodish timid lifestyle. I bought a Marshall halfstack shortly after me and my current wife were married. I hid it in the den (because she rarely goes in there) behind a huge plant, she did not find it until 3 or 4 days later. She said, "Wow, that is awesome, why didn't you tell me about it?" I thought that was cool and I started buying more gear while the gettin' was good. Now, I have a whole room and a big closet dedicated to the world of electric guitars. Life is good (TROUBLE sweeps toenail clippings into his hand and he places them in a jar, he puts the jar in the file cabinet)

I think she was going by McDonalds. I don't particularly like McDonalds, but it is by the mall, where she was going. I don't like Ronald McDonald. Clowns have always scared me, Keef Richards also. I've had bad dreams of Ronald McDonald. Ronald McDonald is bad, I would rate him right up there with dead babies and cocaine.

This is a pretty easy work day, not all days are like this. I actually came out of the service and worked here. I started on the floor as a maintenance mechanic (how ironic) working in less than desirable conditions. It gets hot in here. Lead Pots are at 950 degrees and there is no air conditioning (No forced air allowed to keep for making lead dust airbourne) It usually stays about 30 degrees hotter in here than it is outside. 95 degree weather in the summer=125 in here. It's also very humid here in the south. I was doing that on third shift, playing gigs every weekend and also taking off of work to play some from time to time. When I couldn't get off, I would switch with a guy on first shift and work his hours. Third shift blows by the way. I would also help out a contractor with welding jobs pretty regularly. I moved from that job to a technician, basically an electrician and mechanic rolled into one. I got tired and bored with that and went to school to be a machinist, did that a while, got bored. Went into management and climbed up through the ranks, now I'm bored with it, but I have more freedom, so it's cool.

I'm getting hungry now, those chips didn't carry me very far. The only two CDs I brought with me today are Zeppelin 4 and Are You Experienced by Jimi. I should have brung Electric Ladyland. Look at the sky turning hellfire red yeah, someone's house is burning down down down down.