Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FT Member
    Thanks

I dunno, I just don't like the sound of a tele neck pup...It just doesn't appeal to me. And I do like the bridge, I just want something with a little more oomph and mellowness to it.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Sorry, that last post was directed at ~T~. And now, Back to your project:

I think you are on the right track with the Jazzmaster PU. I also think a custom made PU from someone like Wolfe can dial you up what you want. It sounds like you want clean sound - not to be mistaken with dead noise. I have no experience with the JB jr or Lil 59 but I trust ~T~'s opinion. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Hi apocalipse.
    If you want to change the sound of your neck pickup without change it, you might considering stripping the finish. It seems a little traumatizing, but I swear it does sound better, expecially the neck one.
    The Tele bridge pup is the best single coil around and for some people is even too sounding, freezing, twangin' and so on. Unfortunately Fenders are crappy painted expecially without considering the sound at all, only the look. I like the look too, but to me a guitar must sounds first, then comes the look. I've just stripped two '52 Reissues to bare wood and painted them again one just with a very thin layer of transparent base for the wood mainly to avoid dirt, the other one with french polishing. I'll see if I can post a pic of them to show in here. One of those people who had their Tellies stripped was uncertain about it, you know all the bull**** about values etc. etc., but when he heard the other person's Tele he istantly wanted the same work on his one.
    He almost sleeps with her right now. You can hear the differences even playing them unplugged: the painted one sounds plastic, in fact Fender says they have a nitro finish when it's not. They probably pass the guitars above a can of nitro just to let them smell it, but then they paint them with other damn plastic paints.
    In this way they literally seal the wood inside a glassy layer forbidding to the body to vibrate and produce its own sound. It's like a woman: get her naked, and you'll see how she's in reality.
    And about the stock pickups on the Vintage Reissues, they're good. You could be unlucky to get the wrong one that sounds less, but usually are ok.
    Probably I'll put a website online to make people know about the BIG differences; that day I'll post the link.

cheers

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

And there you have it.... :?: :roll:
    Stay tuned - SAguitar

Fender Lover
    Thanks
    quasi mojo

Thanks

Great site, sneaky. Besides Tele is the queen of guitars.