Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fenderfied
    Thanks

Don't know if you want a vintage original, or where to get one, but looks like there's RI at www.musiciansfriend.com/products/361406.jsp

FT Member
    Thanks

jags are great guitars. my first electric was a 63 that had been refined olympic white. it was a big deal at the time. i was in high school and k cobain was the dude. i still play it from time to time. i plan to one day restore it the sunburst it once was. theyre very comfortable guitars. but, it has the same flaws that the gibson firebird had. little string tension, and unversital pickups. very comfortable once your use to it. and man, they are beautiful!

FT Member
    Thanks

Well, I just got a Kinman AVn-59 pup that I'm gonna use in the neck position. One I get the wiring redone this thing will be SWEET!! I'd refinished it a long time ago (certain chemical behaviors, let it go...) - looks nice but NO resale value. Just for me, though, this guitar fits like a glove - the body cutaway, neck shape, light touch - a dream for me......

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Nope, can't say that I do.
    [color=red]Just "Tele'in" it like it is.[/color]
    www.myspace.com/reubenadkins

FT Member
    Thanks

Well I have to say that I LOVE the Jaguar - and actually prefer the newer MIJ pickups to the reissue US made ones!
    I have two - one is a surf green number with a P serial (MIJ) that had aweful pickups and the wrong strings on it when I got it. I fixed its tremolo, put the thicker jag strings on it and now its quite nice
    The other is a sunburst MIJ R serial and it is the BEST guitar Ive ever played - it has MIJ pickups but they are so nice sounding - through distortion they are almost as bawsy as my les Paul Burstbuckers! And they are bright and very nice to record. The tremolo is great too - doesnt go out of tune and is easier to use than the strat ones.
    All in all they are teh best guitars - get one of these R serial or newer and the HH model and you wont need another guitar. And the surf green finish is pretty eye-catchingly retro.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

i have a a feb 63 jaguar with the b neck not an original finish it used to be olympic white now black i was retarded for doing it...........but i still like it.......... 8)

Thanks

I have the AVRI 65 in candy apple red and a vintage 69 sunburst. Both are still great players.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

This, too, is a zombie thread: the OP from 2001, the most recent reply coming up on ten years ago.

But welcome to the forum!
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

Fenderfied
    Thanks

We've been waiting on a good post about this. Welcome to the forum, Lost. Any other guitars in the arsenal?
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Man, this thread brings back memories of some great guys who used to frequent this place.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.