Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Anybody else here like Jaguars?

Does anybody like Jam Tracks? Post within 10mins, and win a choice of 3.

Good Luck!!

CT

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Hello

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Way to go Dan!! email me at gitardog@aol.com I'll need your name, address and choice of Jamtracks from www.jamtrack.com We'll get them out to you ASAP!!

CT

[This message has been edited by Calif-Tele (edited January 31, 2002).]

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Wow. I won something! Amazing. Now I can catch up on my sleep. THANKS.

I'll go to Jam Tracks and pick them out. Should I post my mailing address here or send it somewhere else.

Never mind I see your email address now.

[This message has been edited by Dangerine49 (edited January 31, 2002).]

Thanks

I own a Jaguar made in USa and another MIJ with SD pups 5they sound nice but diferent. More middles the USA more refined the MIJ. From mechanical point of view it works better the MIJ( you can adjust better
    the action) fron sttethic point of view both are very nice. They soun sTrat alike but not so alive as a good strat. Is easy to fall in love with Jaguars.
    String selecction and tuning is very critical. Some add ons are necessary
    to preven the string slipping away from bridge nuts. Also need a little trick to prevent the bridge displacement.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default eeeep

<-- Won a Jam Track once in the "Who is General Akbar" contest.. but never got it :(

I bought a MIJ Jaguar in 1994 or 1995.. it was "olympic white" with a red tortie shell pickguard, and lots o' chrome.

Bought the guitar, complete with case goodies, and a Fender hardshell case brand new for $325

The stock pickups didn't sound too bad at all to my ear back then. I used it mostly for "surf music" and jazz sorts of stuff.

About 6 months later I bought an original 1960's era Jaguar from a guy out of the newspaper. It was sunburst, all original.. but it was absolutely worn out. Needed new frets.. neck was slightly warped, three of the tuners were bent.. nut was missing all together.. It came with the original hardshell case that was rough, but functional. I bagged it for $175.

So I took the "guts" out of the original 60's guitar and slapped them in my MIJ Jag.. and WHOOO-EEE.. it it sound purty.

I later sold the "leftovers" of both guitars (the MIJ guts and the MIA body parts) along with the reissue tweed case (what can I say? I have a soft spot for beat up cases!) to a guy for $350 + a rackmount Alisis Midiverb unit.

At that time in my life I was a die hard Les Paul freak, and about a year later a guy came up to me at a gig and swapped me my Jag with the MIA 60's guts for a early 70's Les Paul with a nice flame maple top.
    (We swapped even up). A guitar that I later sold to a guy for $1700.

Such is the way of the guitar player, I suppose.. but other than all the pointless switches and doo-dads on the Jaguar.. it was a good sounding, nice playing instrument.. and with those old pickups in it, it sure sounded sweet!

If I ever ran acorss another MIJ Jaguar in olympic white with that red torte pickguard that was cheap (under $400) i'd definately bag it and slap some Wolfetones in it!

FT Member
    Thanks

I have a MIJ mid 90's jag. LE. the blond one with the gold hardware.. other than the finish being very brittle, I love it.. can get allot of good sounds out of it..

My brother liked it so much he just bought a lake pacid blue CIJ last month..

uk-

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I think I may get one next guitar I buy.
    "Ain't nobody leavin' this place without singin' the blues" - Albert Collins

FT Member
    Thanks

Never played .like how they look.

FT Member
    Thanks

Default 65 Jag

I've owned my jag for 25 years and I love it. It's a bit beat up but the neck is dead straight and it has an awesome tone. I need a whammy bar for it though, any one know where I could get one?