Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lead IIs

Thanks

Default Lead IIs

Anybody remember the Lead I and Lead II? A buddy had a Lead II and I thought it was a fine guitar. Shorter scale made it play a little stiff, but tonally it had plenty of quack and spank and just played, sounded and felt like a real Fender all around. How come i never see 'em anymore, not even in pawn shops?

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

Yeah fretbender, I remember them. In fact I believe a Lead II was one of the first *real* Fenders I ever got my hands on.

------------------
    I learned *all* I know about geetars from "The Big, Big, BIG, Book of Fun with Gillian Anderson, Donuts and Telecasters".
    Also, I am scared of Kilts.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

boy thats going back a few years....i think any that are still around & playable have all been locked up in players bedrooms,tucked under the bed so no 1 can get 'em !! only played when no 1 else is around so nobody can talk them into selling it !!
    ~T~

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

I have a friend that used to have one in the 80's. He said he always thought it was a great guitar. Unfortunately, his mom sold it while he was in the gulf war. So now he is stuck with a squier, which isn't bad either.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

Nice mom there eh?

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

i would disown her..selling my stuff while i'm off at war would be like saying i wasn't gonna make it home !! sheeshhh..some people got no feelings.
    ~T~

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

Well this guy never eally played his guitar and still doesn't play his squier now either. I think he wants to learn, but just doesn't want to practice.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Default Lead IIs

Might be more to the story. I know I tend to tell a story to sound favorable to myself without even realizing it.

FT Member
    Thanks

I have a Lead II that I have had since 1981. It is a kick A guitar. I added a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge position back in '85. It is an solid American made Fender from the end of the CBS period. The serial number on mine is E000725. I dont know if that means it was one of the first ones made??
    Rock On!!
    Mike

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Yeah, I remember those to be decent guitars. A friend of mine had one at one time. You can still find them on Ebay now and then, and they don't even want to much for 'em, like they do for Strats and Teles. And shoot, Teles were just made to be affordable, serviceable, guitars for the working class Joe.