Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I changed those stupid looking knobs to Gibby knobs. I make sure I lube the nut with graphite for the smooth Bigsby action. Other than that I haven't done anything to it.

The only draw back is that at some of our gigs where we play at higher volumes, I can't use the T-400. I've thought about filling it with foam, but I already spend too much on shaving cream......(see photo on front page of FenderTalk).

CT

[This message has been edited by Calif-Tele (edited January 17, 2002).]

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

Thanks CT - I actually meant to ask specifically about the Bigsby. It 'sounds' like a nice instrument...

------------------
    Thinking of building a replica of the 'Gillian Anderson signature model' telecaster.

I'm still scared of kilts...

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

The DeArmond line was discontinued... but they brought them back as the Squier model 24 line or something like that.
    Look here for more info:
    New Squiers../old DeArmonds

Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

What a shame. I see no M-66 model at that link to Squier's site. But at least they brought back _some_ of the DeArmonds.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I've spoken to this topic a fair bit on the new DeA/S24 forum. If there's anyone keen to talk more, I'm up for it.

FT Member
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I'm a DeArmo-holic also,and owner of a Tennessee Orange M-77T (yum!)I love the sound of those DeArmond 2000 pups! Highly distinctive and infinetly versatile.Jazz,pop,rockabilly,reggea,hardrock,blue s,whatever!The looks are to die for also! I like to think of my M-77T as "Andrea Corr with a Bigsby." (Yum again)The Squier Series 24 uses old Guild designs also,but have Duncan pups.Not a bad word about them,but they are after market pups made to sound like excisting models unlike DeArmonds which are truly unique.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I guess you can always change the PUPS on the new Squiers.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

You can Harry, but the quality isn't the same. I played a few at NAMM and they aren't as nice as my original D's.

CT

Thanks

DeArmond m-66 in blue. Hoping someone can help me out. I just picked up a 2000 DeArmond m-66. It's difficult to find any information on these. Everything is original, guitar's in great shape and I paid $225. The sound is amazing. It's now my prized possession. If anyone has any information at all to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not looking for anything specific, other than perhaps the value, just anything at all.
    Thanks!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I believe there was a blow-out sale at Musicians Friend when they stopped marketing and most went for $200 - $250 new during the clearance sale. Every now and then, a mint one will bring $300 or more. Here are some specs:

http://www.chorder.com/electric-guit...rmond/m66-7665
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.