Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I'm new to the guitar world, (been playing since August) and I just received a DeArmond M-66 and a Fender Champion 110 amp for Christmas.

Is it true that all DeArmonds have been discontinued? According to their official site (dearmondguitars.com), the entire M Series consists of "new models". What's the deal?

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

Yes Jordan; DeArmond guitars are being discontinued.
    All of them.
    But don't despair; they happen to be great guitars.
    Enjoy it.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

Jordon, a very nice Christmas for you! Hang on to the DeArmond, a very under-rated guitar from what I have read. Never had the pleasure to play one but I hear they are one of the guitar worlds best kept secrets. Besides, having them discontinued just makes yours worth more!

Merry Christmas,
    Lance

FT Member
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

Yup! They secretly kept allright?Got a M65-C,in a SOLAR BRONZE with a Gorver tuners all stock.Are the M66 a carved top like mine?...They are so sweet,i removed my p/g to see more of the beauty....Play's as nice as an LP without looking though????

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I have heard nothing but good things about DeArmonds.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

hang onto that DeArmond--those are sweet guitars.
    ~T~

Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I've got a T 400. I use it to play mostly Setzer covers. I play it throught a Cyber Twin amp set to a modified 59 Bassman. The thing nails Setzer tone. To me, it was a great deal. I consider it in th same league as the venerable Gretsch, except that Gretsch is made in Japan and Dearmond in Korea. I would never pay the Gretsch price..the Dearmond hit the spot.
    So, do not worry, the Dearmond is an awesome guitar.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

Hi, my name is Sean and I'm a DeArmond-a-holic. (HI SEAN!)

I've got the T-400 (best guitar buy of my life) and I use it to death! It has a sweet sound, a great contrast to my Strats and Teles. I use it for the Roy Dusty Rogers, Jr. gigs.

The X-155 is the guitar I got to do the Dusty gigs with. It has turned out to be one of my favorite guitrs to just sit around and play blues on. As a matter of fact, the first Blues Jam Track we recorded I used the X-155. I also believe I used it on the Rock Jam Track as well.

I was hounded by my son to get him an SG. But when he saw the S65 hanging in the store, he went nuts. It was black and screamed when he plugged it in. He played the two guitars side by side and it took about 30 seconds for him to make up his mind.

CT

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

CT - I'd be interested to know if there where any changes you had to make to the T-400 before you could gig with it...

------------------
    Thinking of building a replica of the 'Gillian Anderson signature model' telecaster.

I'm still scared of kilts...

Thanks

Default DeArmond guitars

I have a DeArmond Starfire, left hand, and yes it is a great guitar. I am used to Telecasters so the Starfire seems real bulky and a bit heavy to me, but the sound is real good (US made pickups). I still have to get a handle on the harmonics that a semi-hollow produces, but I'm getting there.