Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Couch

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default The Couch

I guess I might as well do something here...kind of like a diary I suppose. It's persumptuos of me to think anyone cares to listen to my random thoughts. Anyway I'm going to do this. Anything from guitar playing to diecast car collecting and other personal crap will spill out here. A most of the week thing if not every day.

I often wondered what it would he like to blog my thoughts...now I know. Here I am talking to everyone and no one at the same time ...neat. I suppose I mostly feel confident about this simply because I dont believe anyone will listen...did I mention that before? I dont remember. Anyway here it is, let's see how this goes.

-Joe
    2011 Fender Hotrod '52 (1 of 500)
    2008 Fender Parts Stratocaster (Gilmour Black Strat)
    2014 Gibson SGJ
    2004 Gibson J45
    1959 Gibson LG0
    2013 Gibson ES-139
    1985 Alvarez DY-76 12 String
    1960 Stella Parlor
    2001 DeArmond M-72

FT Member
    Thanks

Ain't nobody here but us chickens...

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I'm ready...
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

There has been a lot going on in my life since I joined here back in 2011. Some good and some bad. I was thinking today about how in a blink of an eye things change and how much things seem to never change.
    One thing weighs heavily on my mind though is the people I have had to say goodbye to. My mentor and father figure is dying. It's just a matter of days now. We threw his goodbye bash earlier this month so he could be here to enjoy it. I managed to even get my old band back together for the event. He loved our band...mostly because we played Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was a great day. Family all around and close friends. Around 400 people showed up to celebrate the life of a man who gave everything in his life to help those in need. He fell a couple times but laughed it of...his smile making the partly cloudy day so freaking bright. I had not played in a band setting for a year and it took a toll on me.
    I have been battling depression and diabetes and now neuropathy. It's in my feet legs and hands and it is tiresome battling the pain...oh God the pain. Some days I cant walk without help.
    Doc here has shined a bright light into my darkening world. Building me a guitar to honor not just my people but my pop too...I feel rejuvenated. A kick in the ass so to speak to not give up. I cant give up...
    I'm glad to be here amongst friends again. I missed you all. In other news I had the fun task of chasing my chinchilla "Nibbles" around the house last night...my pit bull Maci decided it looked like a fun game and decided to help...dont worry Maci is fine Nibbles didnt bite her too bad...back in the cage Nibby!!!
    Well the rain finally stopped...gonna pop up to the gas station and grab a steamed hot dog...

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Its Thursday...I wish it was early summer...would love to go snow shoeing today...

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I would think a chinchilla wouldn't have a chance with a pit bull around!
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

As it turns out Maci is terrified of a chattering fluff ball lol

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I was thinking the same Doc. When a Pit Bull "doesn't bite you too bad", it usually means you're still alive... but only just. LOL
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Yep, Maci is obviously a good dog if she didn't eat Nibbles!
    ~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

The guitar is complete. Just waiting for the case to arrive so I can ship it.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.