Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A feeler....

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default A feeler....

Guys, I've been giving this some thought and figured I'd run it by y'all.

I'm finally making some headway on a new song, and while I was finishing up the EZKeys track, it occurred to me that it would be a totally cool idea if I could get one (or a couple) of you guys to solo over some sections.

Please understand very clearly that if you think it's a dumb idea, I won't be offended at all! I know there are some technical issues to be worked out, but as long as I get a 24-bit/44.1khz track, I can fly that into the mix. I may have a very old Dropbox account, but that could well be the best way to do this. The song is very much in keeping with my other stuff stylistically, and I'll send out a rough mp3 as a guide track.

Bearing in mind that I still need to put down a bass track and a couple of horn parts - not to mention the melody - nothing is going to happen tomorrow, but even a tentative yes will kick my butt into gear and hopefully dispel this ennui that seems to be killing me right now.

If it happens, and all goes well, I'll use it on a YouTube video as usual, with your names emblazoned in all their glory...:)

What do you think? Am I nuts?

Srini
    Last edited by Srini; 11-30-2018 at 10:08 PM.

FT Member
    Thanks

What have you got to lose? It sounds like a great idea to me. If anything, you'll get back a great sampling of various thoughts and feeling towards your backing tracks. Some may shine on greatness, many (mine ibcluded) will stink on ice, but at the end of the day, you'll have the Baskin Robbins of tune-age. Go for it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KWal For This Useful Post:

Srini (12-01-2018)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

No Srini,
    you're just fine, no joke. I saw some of your vid and found they are decent and nice. Keep it and go again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlefloor For This Useful Post:

Srini (12-01-2018)

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Thanks KWal and Elvir. I'll just keep plugging away. Right now, the priority is getting the bass track done, then some of the horn parts (because they're in my head now, and I'd rather not lose them)...then we'll see how it turns out. As you guys knows, after a while the song takes over and you just have to do what it tells you to do, right?

Srini

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I'd love to, but I am severely recording-impaired.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

Srini (12-01-2018)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srini View Post
    Guys, I've been giving this some thought and figured I'd run it by y'all.

I'm finally making some headway on a new song, and while I was finishing up the EZKeys track, it occurred to me that it would be a totally cool idea if I could get one (or a couple) of you guys to solo over some sections.

Please understand very clearly that if you think it's a dumb idea, I won't be offended at all! I know there are some technical issues to be worked out, but as long as I get a 24-bit/44.1khz track, I can fly that into the mix. I may have a very old Dropbox account, but that could well be the best way to do this. The song is very much in keeping with my other stuff stylistically, and I'll send out a rough mp3 as a guide track.

Bearing in mind that I still need to put down a bass track and a couple of horn parts - not to mention the melody - nothing is going to happen tomorrow, but even a tentative yes will kick my butt into gear and hopefully dispel this ennui that seems to be killing me right now.

If it happens, and all goes well, I'll use it on a YouTube video as usual, with your names emblazoned in all their glory...:)

What do you think? Am I nuts?

Srini

I'm not saying I'd have what you need but you could check out LuckyThornMusic.com to see if anything there strikes yer fancy....
    I'm use Google drive right now...
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to badxmpl For This Useful Post:

Srini (12-01-2018)

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    I'd love to, but I am severely recording-impaired.
    Thanks so much, Mike. Once I have something reasonable to put out as a guide track, should you change your mind, that would be great!

Srini

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Srini For This Useful Post:

tele savalas (12-01-2018)

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Thanks, bad! I just checked out the site and subscribed. I'm more than happy to link you on my YouTube page (not that it would mean much!).

I like the songs, though for some reason, the only songs that would play were Off On You and Cat Got Yer Tongue. I don't understand why the others freeze up (at least on the first album). But those two are really melodic and free from gratuitous riffing, which is just fine with me!

It may take a little while, given that my time is not all mine any more, but I'll try to send you a guide track in the next few weeks - privately, so as not to monopolize the board - and maybe you'll like it!

Oh, by the way, perhaps you could edumacate me on the benefits of Google drive vs Dropbox?

Srini
    Last edited by Srini; 12-01-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hey Srini... no idea why they wouldn't play... Try downloading them.... Note: I'm not qualified for gratuitous riffing so I avoid it. I'm not aware of any benefits of GD over DB.. Just been using GD. I have used DB.... or tried to... maybe that's why I use GD...
    Thanks for signing up for the mailing list. Someday we may even have "news", lol...
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Hopefully we will have "news", bad!

By the way, I intended that comment about the absence of gratuitous riffing to be a compliment..:) I love melodic stuff, so you're in my ballpark for sure!

Srini

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast