FT Member
    Thanks

Default Cyber Twin Users

Hi all,Have any of you who use a Cyber Twin had any problems with it's memory or ability to save changes?
    I had four slightly different amps saved accessed by the four quick access buttons or the four way footswitch (Ihave the floorboard but never use it) but it threw up an amp from the amp collection and no matter how I try I can't get rid of it, the other thing it did was to access two amps at once which it's never done before and the only way I could return it to it,s normal state was to do a factory reset which cured it of that status but then would only save one amp.
    Given that the amp is a first generation one and is about 16 years old and done hundred's of gigs it's not surprising that it's showing faults but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has had similar problems.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers Titch

FT Member
    Thanks

Hi Titch
    Yea I'm having trouble with the large data/display knob jumping around to different settings... I need to pull the amp apart and clean all the contacts... I think its from dust and dirt build up... maybe two buttons sticking at the same time causing the amp to go crazy... A good cleaning would probably cure the problem...

FT Member
    Thanks

I haven't had any of these type of problems. I do not gig, tho. My CT FE has been covered for most of its life when not in use; lately not so much. My SE is new to me and very, very clean; I do not have a cover for it. My Princeton 65 has never been covered (or gigged) and it exhibits all sorts of degradation due to dust afaiaa.

Again, I have greatly decreased my interaction with front panel knobs and buttons of my "modern vintage" gear by various types of remote control. Light usage of big knob encoder is necessary alongside remote control and does seem to at least "run" those mechanical controls somewhat, which is a good thing....and if it is failing, repair is in order...dropping the chassis on these CTs looks purdy involved.

Seriously, use OSC and FORGET about menu diving for 75% of the parameters you need to scroll to!
    I will finish my TouchOSC layout for CT SE in the next few days and I am more than happy to share it with any CT users. I have both CT FE and CT SE and will have a layout for both. You will need a tablet, tho.

These TouchOSC layouts might work on android; I haven't tried that. Yes, some kind of wifi is required; it is probably possible using a smartphone hotspot. I haven't tried that yet. As Jake was saying, the Yamaha BT01 has gotten some love for this wireless midi bidness...BTo1s are $80 each, which is less than a mobile interface. I am using a computer to connect this all together & I realize computer is the stumbling block. I really must try the smartphone hotspot to test if it works; I will report back when I know.

As far as tablet goes, I have an ipad mini and could not live without it. If it dies, I will go into debt to get a new one.

FT Member
    Thanks

Thank's for the replies everyone, I'll try giving it a good clean with some switch cleaner to see if that works but it looks like a trip to the local amp tech.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titch View Post
    Thank's for the replies everyone, I'll try giving it a good clean with some switch cleaner to see if that works but it looks like a trip to the local amp tech.
    Hey, Titch, there are a couple YT videos of CT repair by a guy in the UK. You should check that out...Dude might be able and willing to help you...I am uncertain where he is located.

Again, consider remote control with an ipad running TouchOSC, it is a whole new world...you still have to press the SAVE button on the CT, tho

FT Member
    Thanks

Here we go:
    Trevs Shed
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TelevisionMagForum/videos

CT chassis on the bench:

FT Member
    Thanks

Thank's ctreitzell, I'll check it out.

FT Member
    Thanks

Hey, Titch
    have you given up on the CT for your new amp?

FT Member
    Thanks

As it happens no, I've got it to work on two different amps, a Bassman and a Twin and in conjunction I'm using a Helix LT so at the moment it's working quite well and I've used it for the last two or three gigs without any trouble, so it maybe that the Blues De Luxe I've bought becomes the main gigging amp or used as a backup amp but I'm thinking the Rivera Clubster may have to go.