Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FT Member
    Thanks

I will start a new thread with relevant title as I have abandoned TouchOSC for now and have gone with Midi Designer Pro 2. If anyone wants a TouchOSC controller for Android because MDP2 is iOS only; I could finish off my layouts that I have started...BUT, they aren't as capable as the MDP2 layouts are (button latch is the main reason and there are quite a few momentary buttons in the remote!)

Thanks

I'm now using ctreitzell's Midi Designer Pro 2 application and it's fantastic. It required less than 5 minutes to setup and I can now control my CT SE remotely from an iPad. Quickly dialing in and saving tones is a breeze. I never imagined someone would make the effort to create a new application for the CT. Thanks ctreitzell!!!

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbaskinger View Post
    I'm now using ctreitzell's Midi Designer Pro 2 application and it's fantastic. It required less than 5 minutes to setup and I can now control my CT SE remotely from an iPad. Quickly dialing in and saving tones is a breeze. I never imagined someone would make the effort to create a new application for the CT. Thanks ctreitzell!!!
    Thanks, Brian, for giving it a go
    I learned so much about the depths of the CyberTwin making that remote control; having everything laid out graphically makes it very easy to understand. I usually play out of 2 CTs simultaneously and the remote is indispensable for keeping a great volume balance between the two CTs at the very least...not to mention all the other powers of the remote.

If anyone else is interested, hit me up on PM and I'll send you a copy. I am not charging anything...just sharing the "tech". Personally, I wouldn't want to use my CTs without the remote.

Thanks, again, Brian!

FT Member
    Thanks

Here's a question Brian asked me that I had thought other users might want that is better presented in public than just between bbaskinger and myself:

> Hi Todd -
    >
    > regarding presets: (is there a way to load) system presets for an amp?
    >Many times ill load the system preset for an amp like Princeton Reverb
    >and then tweak it. (Is it possible for the CT) amp to load these and show the settings in the GUI?
    >
    > -BB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, lets clarify some terminology:
    Fender CyberTwin terminology for a saved group of parameter settings is PROGRAM.
    Whether a FACTORY PRESET C00-C84 FE/ C99 SE or
    a CUSTOM USER PROGRAM P00-P84 FE/ P99 SE.
    The Fender CT manual terms "The Fender Custom Shop" for FACTORY PRESETs;
    and "Player's Lounge" for CUSTOM USER PROGRAMs

Midi Designer Pro 2 has 20 USER PRESET locations which Midi Designer calls "PRESET"s.

So, PRESET and PROGRAM essentially mean a "saved set of parameters"...
    basically the terms are interchangeable. Some people use the term "PATCH" for this, too.
    We just have to be careful what we mean when using these terms. PATCH on a Lexicon
    device or synth can mean something different.

Hi Brian,

No, my MDP2 remote is essentially midi out only; it won't "sync" to the CT's current state.
    Dumping programs from the CT or from computer to the MDP2 PRESETs isn't possible the way I
    made the layout. I have read MDP2 isn't great at receiving MIDI from devices it controls,
    yet I will have to look more deeply into that. I would love for the remote to receive
    the actual parameters of FX1, 2, 3 and 4...but I don't think that's possible. If I could
    get the CT's current display status sent back to the ipad remote, that would be a good workaround,
    which would show the actual effect parameter currently being adjusted. I don't think that
    is possible, either.

The thing I would really love to disable is the way the CT display chases the midi
    commands. If you send multiple midi CCs from a (DAW) sequencer to CT, the display can go crazy.

If you want to start with the CTSE "Your Amp Collection" "sim" programs (A00-A49);
    you would need to save to a Player's Lounge P00-P99 memory slot
    using the CT's front panel (or computer); then tweak with the remote's parameters:
    then, either save a MDP2 PRESET or on the CT front panel or both.

I, personally, change PROGRAMs using a footcontroller. (I use a DigiTech GSP2101 as a midi hub
    which can be set to call up whatever program I want on my CTs...and control itself and other midi devices'
    PCs and CCs, too). When I want to save a PROGRAM to CT: I do it manually on the front panel.

Yes, it would be easier to save CT PROGRAMs from the ipad remote; but, for the life of me, I
    cannot find the documentation for this process. I have searched hi and lo all over the internet
    and cannot find the info to save a CT program.
    I did not make a request to Fender, though. If you want to try to track that info down;
    I would certainly consider adding it.

Hence why I am not asking for money The CT FE & SE remote works quite well for my purposes,
    so I am moving on to make a remote for the Lexicon PCM 80/81 which is an absolute nightmare
    of SysEx and will require a great deal of dedication as it will most likely require MIDI
    commands to and from the PCM unit(s).