Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Well good news and bad news.

My nephew is 14 and he has developed GAS ! He loves everything to do with guitar but his favorite brand so far is Ibanez. But I have a funny feeling he will grow to love fender, got to work at it. Thank goodness he likes something i do!

Bad news is I have to have a hiatal hernia repairing surgery again., can't remember name of procedure. The same surgery I had 10 yrs ago is back.
    "Ain't nobody leavin' this place without singin' the blues" - Albert Collins

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Harry, I'm sorry to hear of your medical dilemma. You said "again". I can tell you that I have had the fundoplication (named after a guy named "Nissen") and assume that is what you had. Why would they have to repeat it?

Other questions being, how good is the nephew and what kind of music is he listening to and playing?
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

They said I have a hiatal hernia and they were gonna talk with me about surgery. I think it is the same one i had surgery on before and it unraveled? Not too worried about it. The only thing I am afraid of is what would happen if I didn't have surgery on it, what would happen? I just don't know if it is necessary, the hernia doesn't bother me as far as i can tell. They did a ct scan and they said i have a hiatal hernia, I assumed it was the same one i had before, but i could be mistaken.

My nephew, well he likes Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, he loves Hendrix. It's like he is listening to all the albums i used to! He is getting better. he is gonna be good, he has a lot of potential. He even saved up and bought himself an Ibanez Acoustic electric cutaway we picked out for his first guitar.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I gave my nephew "The Guitar Handbook" by Ralph Denyer. Best guitar book in my opinion. It describes almost everything you need to know.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hey Mike, thanks for helping me out with the medical questions over the years. :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesron41 For This Useful Post:

tele savalas (09-19-2018)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

After I quit playing in a band in my late teens, I sold off all my gear. (grrrrr) Ten years later I thought I should start playing electric again and bought an awesome Ibanez (Floyd Rose, of course) Everything about it was perfect. Neck, feel, sound... I just could NOT warm up to it. I finally sold it after I got my NEXT Fender and realized what I'd been missing. (WAY too long after) Anyway, I've not thought about any other guitar brand since then, except for a brief foray into SG land. But that's just me....
    The best thing about your nephew, though, is that he's loving it. He may never feel the need to stray from an Ibanez and if it works for him that's awesome!!
    Plus, you're gunna have a jam buddy around... until he goes on the road, anyway. Good luck with your procedure, should you elect to have it...
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I wish you the best on taking care of your hiatal hernia, although a friend of mine had one and he insisted that we call it a "his"-nia, because he was not a woman!

And I'm very glad you have a young relative coming up that is into guitar, and even into "good" music! I wish I did, I don't have anyone in the family interested in carrying on the torch.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

It will probably be months before i have to have it. I still have to go see surgeon about it. It was my GI doc that talked to me about maybe having to have surgery.

And I am gonna jam with my nephew most definitely. I'm gonna have to show him the Pentatonic Scale! That scale really improved my playing when i started out.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I can see that despite problems with your stomach and esophagus, you are going with your gut. This is cool- nurture the kid and push him toward his guitar destiny!
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

"Going with your gut." Is that some kind of doctor joke? lol
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast