FT Member
    Thanks

Default Cyber 2 pre set editor for Cyber Twin amp

Hello
    I found this program to control the Cyber Twin amp. It's like cyber commander, a midi controller, not to bad..
    I downloaded it and installed it and it did control my cyber twin se... It would talk to the amp and control it... but this program is for the cyber twin first edition..
    so there was a bunch of stuff missing... several fx's a couple of tone stacks, ie neo british and dyna-touch...

here is the u-tube video of it and the url is in the description to download the program...

you tube video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtAjV9YCbiA

web site for download.... http://hamanako-kankou.uzusionet.com...er2Editor.html

It's in Japanese but the zip file is there so that's what I downloaded... unzip it into a folder and ran the exe file... it's called cyber2 editor exe

My cyber twin is set to receive on Midi channel 1 and to send on Midi channel 1 so I set the editor to those channels and it seemed to work...

Hope this helps.... Jake

FT Member
    Thanks

Hello

Been playing around with this program for the past few hours... It probably works just fine on the cyber twin original... On the cyber twin se it will control the functions that are available but a lot of the fx's aren't there...14 of them that the se has but not the original so there not there... timber is missing 4 settings stuff like that... Also the program will talk to the amp but the SE can't talk to the program... So you can't load the players lounge from the SE... The program just shows the original players lounge so don't hit Tx to amp or it will over write 1-84 presets with the original factory presets... Found out the hard way but had a backup copy of all my custom presets...

But all the reverbs are there and are all tweakable... the fx presets that are there are all tweakable with just a mouse click... same with tone stacks drive circuitry, pre and post distortion, speaker phase...
    it's all tweakable with the mouse, all knobs turn up and down with the mouse also... with the SE to save a preset you have to walk over and hit the save button on the amp... with the original cyber twin you can just hit write file to save a preset...

The nice feature is you can see all the tweakable features the amp has to offer so you can dial in a nice sound... Example: to get a nice Sixties Fuzz sound the SE uses the Fuzz Fx preset with blackface tone stack and blackface drive 1 but the fuzz fx was to gainy for my taste but turn down the fuzz gain it lost all it's bite... cyber Twin original doesn't have the Fuzz FX preset so they got it by using the extreme drive setting with a modern tone stack.... now turn the amp gain down and it sounds really nice... the SE's fuzz effect you really have to tweak it to get it to sound right...

so we'll keep playing around with it and see what else we can come up with...Jake

FT Member
    Thanks

very cool! I will check this out. I just purchased an SE to go with my first edition. thanks for sharing

FT Member
    Thanks

OK, I been diving into remote controlling Cyber Twins and Digitech GSP2101.
    I see, now, why General Cyber Systems folded..

I am currently using TouchOSC ipad app to control all three devices (2101, CT FE and CT SE).
    Midi CCs are just the tip of the iceberg. TouchOSC supports SYSEX messaging. You can set up a couple of TouchOSC pages to control a huge range of CT functions using the 18-24 midi CCs and Sysex.

With Sysex you can change tone stack, tone stack location, Drive Circuitry, Effects Types, Revrb Type, Reverb Timbre, Speaker Phase, Compressor, Noise Gate all without touching a dial or a button on the Cyber Twin. You'll have to educate yerself on some hex code, but the recipe is in the CT manual.

So there isn't a huge need for Cyber Commander. That said, you'll require an ipad and either need a computer with audio/ midi interface or and ipad midi interface (Tascam one looks pretty cool and not too expensive).

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJ View Post
    Hello

Been playing around with this program for the past few hours... It probably works just fine on the cyber twin original... On the cyber twin se it will control the functions that are available but a lot of the fx's aren't there...14 of them that the se has but not the original so there not there... timber is missing 4 settings stuff like that... Also the program will talk to the amp but the SE can't talk to the program... So you can't load the players lounge from the SE... The program just shows the original players lounge so don't hit Tx to amp or it will over write 1-84 presets with the original factory presets... Found out the hard way but had a backup copy of all my custom presets...

But all the reverbs are there and are all tweakable... the fx presets that are there are all tweakable with just a mouse click... same with tone stacks drive circuitry, pre and post distortion, speaker phase...
    it's all tweakable with the mouse, all knobs turn up and down with the mouse also... with the SE to save a preset you have to walk over and hit the save button on the amp... with the original cyber twin you can just hit write file to save a preset...

The nice feature is you can see all the tweakable features the amp has to offer so you can dial in a nice sound... Example: to get a nice Sixties Fuzz sound the SE uses the Fuzz Fx preset with blackface tone stack and blackface drive 1 but the fuzz fx was to gainy for my taste but turn down the fuzz gain it lost all it's bite... cyber Twin original doesn't have the Fuzz FX preset so they got it by using the extreme drive setting with a modern tone stack.... now turn the amp gain down and it sounds really nice... the SE's fuzz effect you really have to tweak it to get it to sound right...

so we'll keep playing around with it and see what else we can come up with...Jake
    Hi Jake,
    I need to check this Cyber2editor out. Hopefully it will reveal the sysex commands for the front panel buttons for my ipad remote controllers I am working on. I been derailed doing pre winter grass cutting and chainsaw work these past 10 days.

So, just to clarify:
    FYI the CyberTwin FE has a Drive Circuitry called "Dyna-Touch 4" which has been replaced by "Extreme" on the SE. Whether or not the Dyna-Touch 4 and Extreme are identical, I have not yet tested.

I'll have a gander at Cyber2editor and get back. I hope you are enjoying it.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJ View Post
    Hello
    I found this program to control the Cyber Twin amp. It's like cyber commander, a midi controller, not to bad..
    I downloaded it and installed it and it did control my cyber twin se... It would talk to the amp and control it... but this program is for the cyber twin first edition..
    so there was a bunch of stuff missing... several fx's a couple of tone stacks, ie neo british and dyna-touch...

here is the u-tube video of it and the url is in the description to download the program...

you tube video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtAjV9YCbiA

web site for download.... http://hamanako-kankou.uzusionet.com...er2Editor.html

It's in Japanese but the zip file is there so that's what I downloaded... unzip it into a folder and ran the exe file... it's called cyber2 editor exe

My cyber twin is set to receive on Midi channel 1 and to send on Midi channel 1 so I set the editor to those channels and it seemed to work...

Hope this helps.... Jake
    Ah SNAP!!!
    http://hamanako-kankou.com/Cyber2Edi...er2Editor.html
    and
    http://hamanako-kankou.uzusionet.com/
    are currently dead links :-(
    Hopefully Hamanako's server is just down. Oh, ok, I found another DL location and now have it working on my machine Hopefully I will get some joy tracking down the Cyber Twin front panel buttons' sysex :-/
    Last edited by ctreitzell; 11-01-2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: I found a solution

FT Member
    Thanks

OK, preliminary look at Cyber2editor
    connected to CT FE by PreSonus FireStudio Mobile via a desktop computer running Win Pro 1709
    Using MIDI-OX to listen for midi traffic

1) Eureka! It works :-D

2) whomsoever thought it was a good idea to do a full sysex dump to or from ANY device upon device handshake was/is very mistaken. No, we users want CONTROL not lack of it! Seems that is how Cyber Commander was designed. Cyber2editor isn't far off. It is far too easy to do a full sysex dump with Cyber2editor, as you say, Jake.
    I don't have a manual for this and just testing what each button actually does is full of mines which could wipe your CT back to factory. I would suggest full sysex dumps are an advanced function and should be safeguarded and well hidden. The only people doing full sysex dumps is in back up or deployment mode.; certainly not sound design or live.

3) I'm not sure the display follows the loading of a program selection...I will have to do more experimenting. When saving a modified CT program to a new location, that new location is not displayed on the CT. I have found this to be an issue creating OSC layouts, too. With my OSC layouts, I haven't included any ability to remote control the CT data wheel encoder or to load programs as I load programs via GSP2101. I may employ a page to do so in future, tho.

4) so far I don't find any sysex or midi commands when sending from Cyber2editor to CT amp...more experimentation...

I will crack on....thanks Jake!

FT Member
    Thanks

Hello
    I'm glad it was help full... Your way beyond me on figuring out how to control the cyber twins... Keep up the good work... I like reading on your progress...

Jake