Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default "DRUM MACHINE"... Anyone use one?

Been doing some home recording and have guitar, bass, and keys covered. That leaves a huge hole where the drums should be. How are (you?) covering this? I'm not a drummer, so am hesitant to buy any kind of kit. Also not very good with menu navigation of almost everything that has one, these days. Menus have gotten so layered and complex.... Any thoughts, anyone?
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    Been doing some home recording and have guitar, bass, and keys covered. That leaves a huge hole where the drums should be. How are (you?) covering this? I'm not a drummer, so am hesitant to buy any kind of kit. Also not very good with menu navigation of almost everything that has one, these days. Menus have gotten so layered and complex.... Any thoughts, anyone?
    I use three different solutions to that issue, I use my Alesis SR-18 when I law down tracks in the MacBook , I use my Digitech Trio when wanting to jam some on my own and some late nights I put headphones into one of the few solid state amps Ive kept over the years, my Line 6 spider jam

All of these have their pros and cons but the help fill a need (well maybe a want) and help make my playing and writing experience more enjoyable, and isnt that whats it all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchelyoung For This Useful Post:

badxmpl (02-15-2018)

FenderTalker
    Thanks

I use Jamstix. It uses a grid system to allow you to 'control' the drummer's limbs. You can choose types of drummer and it will follow their style. You can choose genres of music and it play in that style. It will, if you want it to, add fills as sequences repeat or when you change to a new section ie from verse to chorus. It has some great basic kits and you can buy expansion packs of other kits should you wish to. The price is pretty reasonable at $99 for the basic pack and you can download a working demo first to see how you get on. They also offer a discount for a product called Tru Pianos, which is an excellent piano plug in. Finally, the support from Rayzoon, who publish Jamstix, is absolutely second to none - you only have to trawl through their forum for a bit to see how well they support their customers and how well appreciated that support is.
    You know, said Arthur, its at times like this, when Im trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish Id listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
    Why, what did she tell you?
    I dont know, I didnt listen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doublestop For This Useful Post:

badxmpl (02-16-2018)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Good info! Sounds like what I need. I'll be checking into it! Thanks, Man!

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I've been looking at all the various drum software options available but it all seems to complicated.

I have been programming drum machines, Alesis SR18, Boss DR3 and Zoom Rhythmtrak, which allow me
    to add bass. I play in a duo, two guitars so the drum machines do the job. I just hook them up to the p.a.
    hit the foot controller and away we go, and we record live. We only do covers but it would be nice to add
    strings and such but it is just too much trouble to go to.

The Jamstix program looks pretty good.
    http://www.fendertalk.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic581_3.gif

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Yeah, Man! Been looking at it and for me, it seems pretty technical... But fortunately my collaborator is a retired IT guy! So, looking forward to having him show me the shortcuts....