Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default Fun and interesting clip

Gentlemen,

I stumbled on this during one of my YouTube travels. Its an extended clip with different isolated tracks from Toto's Rosanna (from the original recording, of course), and people commenting on it. I get the feeling that these people are "in the know", if you will - maybe they know/knew one or two of the band members, or they're recording pros themselves. Anyway, its a lot of fun to listen to, like sitting around in the control room listening to the engineer or producer comment on different tracks, much like the Aja DVD with Donald and Walter in the studio talking about the album being made.

I hope you like it..:)

Srini

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

That is cool. I have an mp3 of George Martin dissecting Sgt Pepper and Strawberry Fields. It's also cool when two guys can strip a beautifully written song to acoustic guitar, bass and two perfectly harmonious vocals:

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Man, that was fantastic! Not to mention that Africa is one my favorite Toto songs. That was a totally legit version that could make it into an album, I could hear Lukather's low guitar line n the chorus.

Its easy to forget how good Toto really was. Like someone said on that first clip, they played on the entire Thriller album. That devastating guitar line in Beat It was Lukather laying it down (not the solo, of course, which we all know was EVH). But what I didn't know was that one song on Thriller, called That Girl Is Mine, was written by either David Paich or Steve Porcaro (or maybe both of them), didn't make it into a Toto album, and was being saved for later. Of course, it became a huge hit for Michael Jackson.

Thanks for sharing that live clip!

Srini