Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FT Member
    Thanks

oh yea by the way... if one loves great composition, arrangements and ability how can they not be a huge fan of Donald Fagan and Steely Dan ? I know I am

I knew John Thurston well. I used to drive over to his shop on the west side of town a lot. He did some work for me over the years until he moved to Texas and then I started my relationship with Mike. John is a brilliant luthier as well.

I have had a hard time feeling the difference between a really good fret leveling, dressing and polish job verses a plek job. Both are great if done well.
    Although it is amazing to watch a plek machine work.

Yes that is a custom built Super Champ with an Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker, all Genalex Gold Lion tubes, custom built solid pine cabinet and modified circuits.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Thurston was a cool guy for sure! He did a Buzz Feiten thing for me one time, among other things. he had a nice space, I think its the same one you're referring to - upstairs, nice windows? You're right about the Plek not being the only way to get a great fret job - PRS is a good example of a company that doesn't use a Plek, but gets a great feel. Speaking of watching a Plek working, I almost got hit by the arm as it was swinging out as I walked in front of it inadvertently. Phil yelled out, "Srini, watch your head"!

Another member here, Zenken, is from Baltimore and I'm sure you'll meet him shortly.

Srini

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Srini For This Useful Post:

oldplayer (12-12-2017)

FT Member
    Thanks

yea third floor I think. Not easily found the first time you go there.
    He is a man with a unique personality for sure. He was a good bass player also.
    Mike is a great guy as well. Very intelligent and very precise. He can chat you up a bit once he gets to know you though. He usually has so much repair work that he gets little time to work on his custom guitars or at least not as much as he would like to have. He has a wonderful wife Sandy and family also.
    He is the only one I trust completely with my instruments and that is with no disrespect to Phil at all. He is a great luthier also.