Thanks

Default Mustang Electrics Problem

Hi - I have a problem with my Mustang. I thought it was just the input jack, however, I am not entirely sure if it is and before I start messing around with it too much I want to ask some advice and see if I was correct.
    Here is a link to a YouTube video which shows there's a hum when anything metal is touched on the guitar. There is some output when pickups are selected but it's not great.
    https://youtu.be/y4DrumYTspg
    Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer to diagnosing the problem. is it the pick up selectors, the pick ups themselves?

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Did this just happen overnight? Is this guitar new to you? Has anyone recently worked on it? If this guitar is old or if you are not the original owner, it may indeed be something simple like a bad solder joint on one of the jack lugs. But I am not familiar with any of the slide switches Fender uses on Mustangs, Jags, Jazzmasters.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    Did this just happen overnight? Is this guitar new to you? Has anyone recently worked on it? If this guitar is old or if you are not the original owner, it may indeed be something simple like a bad solder joint on one of the jack lugs. But I am not familiar with any of the slide switches Fender uses on Mustangs, Jags, Jazzmasters.
    I bought this on ebay a while back and havent used it, just bought it because it was a stupid price. Im normally a strat player so im not used to this type of pickup selector.