Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Hello From North Dakota!

I'm crazy about my Strats and I'm glad to join this group! Been playing for 7 years or so now, and I'm 21, and can't get enough of it. I also play many other instruments but my Strats and my Taylor are extensions of myself, while other instruments are just instruments. Hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Here are a few pics of some of my instruments.

(I've bought or traded for all except my silver Strat which was a gift, and I eat Ramen quite often because I have no money left!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nate.nagel View Post
    I'm crazy about my Strats and I'm glad to join this group! Been playing for 7 years or so now, and I'm 21, and can't get enough of it. I also play many other instruments but my Strats and my Taylor are extensions of myself, while other instruments are just instruments. Hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Here are a few pics of some of my instruments.

(I've bought or traded for all except my silver Strat which was a gift, and I eat Ramen quite often because I have no money left!)

Tell us about the neck and fingerboard on that silver strat. That's a gorgeous piece of wood. Do you get lost without fretmarkers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mbkri For This Useful Post:

nate.nagel (09-15-2017)

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Welcome, Nate! A friendlier bunch of people you'll be hard pressed to find.

Mbkri pretty much took the words out of my mouth - I love that neck!

Srini

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Srini For This Useful Post:

nate.nagel (09-15-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbkri View Post
    Tell us about the neck and fingerboard on that silver strat. That's a gorgeous piece of wood. Do you get lost without fretmarkers?

It's a neck from Warmoth, so exact Fender specs with whatever wood I wanted, and this one only cost $320 or so! I got a black nut and then spent another $90 or so to get black locking tuners(planning to switch to a black bridge and input jack down the road). The wood is figured ziricote fretboard and a goncalo alves neck.

It actually has side markers, just no inlays on the front! I don't look at the front face when I play so it's fine for me, but I'm sure it makes it harder for people to follow anything I play if they're watching from in front of me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nate.nagel For This Useful Post:

mbkri (09-15-2017)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hey, Nate... Welcome to FT!! I used to run through N/S Dakota and MN years ago (work) It was always nice to get off the iceblown interstate and into a warm motel room!!
    I have a first year American Lone Star Strat with the Duncan and TX Spec singles (50th anniversary). I used to use the Duncan almost exclusively live, but something happened; not sure what... Now I use the singles almost all the time. Some folks don't care for them; I think they're the shi(r)T !! Anyway... Glad ya found us...
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Welcome to FT...

Very nice wood - I have used both for necks. Some from Warmoth, but I've had a few Warmoth necks go south on me, and I've also found that their dual truss rod saps resonance and sustain. The harder the wood, the less the negative effect of the truss rods, and Goncalo Alves will certainly help - it's what Smith and Wesson have traditionally used for gun stocks. When I want an exotic wood neck now, I order blanks from Cook Woods and have them shipped to USA Custom Guitars. Tommy used to be an employee and set out to open his own company. His necks are superior, but the turnover time has gotten pretty long.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Welcome to FT...

Very nice wood - I have used both for necks. Some from Warmoth, but I've had a few Warmoth necks go south on me, and I've also found that their dual truss rod saps resonance and sustain. The harder the wood, the less the negative effect of the truss rods, and Goncalo Alves will certainly help - it's what Smith and Wesson have traditionally used for gun stocks. When I want an exotic wood neck now, I order blanks from Cook Woods and have them shipped to USA Custom Guitars. Tommy used to be an employee and set out to open his own company. His necks are superior, but the turnover time has gotten pretty long.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Welcome aboard! Nice collection you have there. It's great you shared the pics with us so we can see what you have going on. You may learn a few things from the craftsmen here and you will definitely be among a group that loves the 6 string.
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Welcome to the madness, Nate!
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    Welcome to FT...

Mike, What is the name of Tommy's company ?
    Ron