Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all

FT Member
    Thanks

Default Hello all

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. As the name implies I have been stuck in a Stevie Ray Vaughan wanna be phase for about 20 years or so I guess. Could be worse I suppose. I play a mexi-strat that is a tobacco sunburst with a rosewood fretboard. The only mods I have made are a pearloid pick guard that I think really greatly enhanced the look and personalized it a little bit as well as having it set up at a local guitar shop. I will post pics later

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anotherSRVwannabe View Post
    Looking forward to getting to know some of you. As the name implies I have been stuck in a Stevie Ray Vaughan wanna be phase for about 20 years or so I guess. Could be worse I suppose. I play a mexi-strat that is a tobacco sunburst with a rosewood fretboard. The only mods I have made are a pearloid pick guard that I think really greatly enhanced the look and personalized it a little bit as well as having it set up at a local guitar shop. I will post pics later

I am from north east Ohio by the way

FT Member
    Thanks

Welcome from SE Uhya! Post up that Strat, and seeking to play like the late, great SRV is indeed a worthy pursuit.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Welcome to "this thing of ours", ano... after your probationary period, someone will show you the secret handshake.
    (It may cost you a round....)
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Nothing wrong with wanting to play & sound like SRV. Welcome aboard. Mine's a cold one.
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski144 View Post
    Welcome from SE Uhya! Post up that Strat, and seeking to play like the late, great SRV is indeed a worthy pursuit.
    Will do. I just got a new phone and I am trying to figure it out. I am very much an analog man in a digital world

FT Member
    Thanks

Thanks guys

FT Member
    Thanks

I definitely have other guys who I really enjoy and not all of them are strictly strat guys. Some never even played strats at all. Albert Collins is a personal favorite which is kind of weird because I pretty much hate the telecaster and he was literally known as the Master Of The Telecaster. B. B. King of course, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, modern guys like Kenny Wayne Sheppard and Doyle Bramhall Jr. Joe Bonamassa is my favorite current player but the biggest difference between him and Stevie to me is simply emotion. Feel and passion.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    Welcome to "this thing of ours", ano... after your probationary period, someone will show you the secret handshake.
    (It may cost you a round....)
    Double shot of Jameson sound about right or is this more of a cold brew crowd? Either way I got the tab and I am even picking up the tab for Uber

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I have cut back on beer because of the carbs. Irish Whiskey and Single Malts, Anejo and Reposado these days, in much smaller quantities than before. And I keep a wine cellar. I have a couple of friends in LA (well, one of them moved to Switzerland) who jam with Joe B (Josh Smith and Kirk Fletcher - check 'em out on Youtube). Joe grew up about 40 minutes from my hometown. I saw him sit in with Roomful of Blues at a small backwoods bar when he was 9 years old. AND, I was at the first gig of SRV's first tour, at a bar in Rochester, NY, on my birthday in '83. I stood right in front of him and didn't move the whole set for fear of losing my spot. I hadn't even heard of him a month earlier, and then one day "Pride and Joy" came on the radio. That was one heluva night!
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

SAguitar (09-08-2017)