Thanks

Default Choosing a Precision american bass

Hello!

I found 2 guitars suitable for the price.
    One is Precision american standart bass 1983 year of release, another is Precision american special bass 2011 year of release.
    I do not know what to buy .... there is no opportunity to listen.

Give me advice, thank you!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Do you have photos? The '83 is 34 years old, old enough to be beat up but not old enough to have any collector's value.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Regardless of age, I would buy the Standard. Better bridge, tuners, pickups, and wood, plus a more traditional wiring (the Special has that "Greasebucket" circuit). Also, the Standard should come with a hardshell case, the Special with a bag.

My Precision American Deluxe was made in 1997, but looks and plays like new. You don't think about the age when you're playing it.

Anyway, that's what I would do.
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Actually, I didn't notice that you mentioned the '11 as a Special, and therefore echo what my fellow Mike said. The 83 Standard, as long as you've seen photos that confirm a lack of abuse or alteration.

And I would add that I have an '88 Am Std which I played enough to need a re-fret years back. The tech talked me into some huge frets (which I am about to replace myself) and if it weren't for those big bastards I'd still be playing it on a regular basis. Yes, go for the 83 if it's in decent shape.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.