Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FT Member
    Thanks

Default a string rattle buzz

I seem to have this on all my strats and teles even my 339 ,is it just due to oscilation

FT Member
    Thanks

Listen closely. Is it a fret buzz (string vibrating against a fret), or a hardware rattle (like a loose bushing in a tuner hole)?

Do you set up your guitars with insanely low action? (i.e., lower than a 16th of an inch?)
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

FT Member
    Thanks

yes its a very low action but only get the buzz on the A string I just wondered why that is

FT Member
    Thanks

You probably just have a high fret. Virtually every factory-made guitar can benefit from a solid professional fret leveling.

Maybe it's the way you play, too. You might just hit that A string harder than others.

But I'd definitely have a luthier take a look and find the high spot... if there is one, which I would bet a dollar that there is.
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Yup. Practically every guitar out there can be made to play just a little bit better! At least that's the way it has been with all my guitars all these years. And then every time I get one to where I think it's the best it can be, the weather changes and here we go again!
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

iv learnt a lesson that is never buy cheap strings, changed all strings on my guitars with ernie balls and no buzz,so cheap strings are just false economy , thanks though for input though

FT Member
    Thanks

lol very true soon as central heating goes on in autumn get the cruz tools out

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4thwisemonkey View Post
    iv learnt a lesson that is never buy cheap strings, changed all strings on my guitars with ernie balls and no buzz,so cheap strings are just false economy , thanks though for input though

There are cheaper strings than EB's??? That's my brand. Fortunately, they are cheap as well as what I like. How often does that happen?
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

FT Member
    Thanks

no the old strings were cheap astons ,i consider ernie balls as top quality lol there a treat ,i usually use roberts strings

Thanks

Sometimes it's from the tremolo springs. Try placing a thin piece of foam between the cover and the springs to see if that helps

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk