Thanks

Default Fender 30 amp, circa 1980-1981. Anyone have one?

I have a fender 30 amp that I'm restoring. I got it serviced and put in new power and rectifier tubes. Now I'm looking to replace the speakers. I have not had much luck finding info/ recommendations online for this amp. Hoping someone here can help. It is a 2x10 combo, 8ohms each. The current speakers are stock fender speakers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Welcome to FT!

Although it doesn't have the red knobs characteristic of the era, it was produced during the time when Paul Rivera was designing some of Fender's amp circuits. The speakers were 10″ 8 Ohm CTS Speakers (137-8031) , or they might just be stamped "Fender Special Design". Appropriate Jensen replacements would be P10R, C10R, C10Q.

A more authentic and potentially affordable approach would be to find a beat-up silverface Super Reverb whose speakers are original and functional. They were using the same CTS spoeaker or the Oxford 10 LS from '68 to '82.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Thanks

Thanks tele!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk