Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Pigtronics Fat Drive .... Anyone using this?

MF has this for the Stupid Deal of the Day. 70 bucks is about half price. I'm tempted but would like to hear from one of you if you've used or tried one.
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I haven't tried that one! But Pigtronix has a great reputation.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Thanks, Stan..... Cool. I went ahead and ordered one. I can't imagine I'd have to sell it for less than I paid if I end up not liking it. I am using a really odd pairing of an ancient Tech21 XXL and a TS9 someone gave me... Neither is special in their own right, but together they're kinda magical. But it's a Really Stoopit Deal of the Day, so I bit....

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure you'll like it, Lucky! How could you go wrong? I've got a few stompers that go really good together too, that's where the intriguing stuff comes in. Of course, let us know when you get it at try it out.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

It's worth a try for that amount.
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I've owned 5 or 6 of their pedals but not that one. Two things I can say about all of mine: they all sound great and their designs bring something new to the table every time. Oh, and also, they are a great bargain in terms of quality, and that's at the usual MF price. At your price, I'll be amazed if you aren't really happy.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

OK... I've had this thing a month, now. I am kinda up in the air with it, tho. The sound is fairly transparent, and it has way more drive than I need; thanks to the "More" toggle switch. It has one feature I didn't count on, though- an audible "pop" thru the amp when I switch it on and off. I contacted Pigtronix about it and they sent me a new switch to install. That went pretty smoothly; just unplug the switch connector and plug in the new switch; no soldering. Same "Pop", though. Called Musicians Friend and they sent me another pedal. Same thing. I know that with the "true bypass" wiring design there will be some noise upon switching, but with other pedals of similar design there is no "Pop"... So... either there was a bad batch of these that all make a noise, or it's just a characteristic of the pedal. It's not exactly a deal breaker, but with the amp dimed it is very noticeable. For me, this isn't a "magic pedal". It is more transparent and responsive to pick attack than my other distortion/OD pedals but doesn't really give me anything that I don't already have. I should probably remove the other dirt pedals from my board in order to really explore what this one will do but don't really want to do without them. So, I'll just keep them all wired in and see what more possibilities I can discover.... BTW, my two existing dirt pedals (a TS-9 and a Tech 21 XXL) most likely aren't true bypass designs, but make NO noise upon switching. The two that I know are a true bypass (TS's HOF and Flashback) make no 'amp pop' either.