Thanks

Default This is what to look for in a Squier

One of my favorite guitars is a 1980's Japanese made Squier. These are very well made, I feel even better than MIM. They stopped making them in Japan shortly thereafter and I found one in the classifieds back in 1990 for $99! It has a DMG pickup and control set (David Gilmour version) and the Rosewood fretboard is beautiful - it looks and feels like Pao Ferro!

If you ever see one of these babies, grab it and run!

-Dave

Thanks

I did. Had been hunting for an MIJ since I moved to Calgary almost 4 years ago, one popped up last fall, so I bought it after going to see it. First digit is a 5 in the serial on the front of the headstock, which many people think is the year of manufacture, might be but I owned a lot of MIJ Fenders while in Japan and they all had a pencil date on the neck butt, this one does not, but it has many characteristics that my MIJs had over there, so I guess it is mid 1980s. Maple neck and red body. Great neck and plays beautifully. Keeper.