Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default How much is this guitar worth?

Hi everyone! It's been a while. I have a question about my 1976 Ibanez LP copy. I've had it since 1984, but I never play it anymore, and I want to sell it. I would like to try to get at least $800 for it. Over the years, I've removed certain parts and replaced them with others. Right now, the guitar is fitted with what I believe to be vintage coil tap DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups and a push/pull volume knob. I still have the original Super 70's neck pickup, which is in another guitar, but the bridge pickup got toasted a couple years ago. I would like to get as much as I can without going over the value, so, is the guitar worth considerable dollar value with the Dimarzio pickups, or could I boost the value by making the guitar more original with a replacement Super 70's Bridge pickup along with the neck one put back in. How much would this guitar be worth in either configuration? I should mention that there is a small hairline crack at the back of the body that has been there since I first aquired the guitar. Any advice on this? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I can't give you a number, but I know that those '70s Ibanez solid bodies have more than held their value over time. Years ago they could be had for a bargain, while today they are commanding good prices, even in "player" condition. Those Super '70s pickups also have quite a fan base so you might be able to get a bit more for it with two of them installed. On the other hand, Larry's Super Distortion pickups also have quite a following! You could always sell a pair of them on the 'net.

"Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thanks Stan. Maybe I'll try to get it back to original and sell the DiMarzios separately.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah, I was into Ibanez solid bodies from that era, and a had a few of their 335 copies too. I should have kept them all! They really used to be a bargain, but the prices escalated up to closer to what they are worth. I've only kept one from that era, but it is an awesome guitar in its own right. And here she is, a 1978 Ibanez Musician...

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    Yeah, I was into Ibanez solid bodies from that era, and a had a few of their 335 copies too. I should have kept them all! They really used to be a bargain, but the prices escalated up to closer to what they are worth. I've only kept one from that era, but it is an awesome guitar in its own right. And here she is, a 1978 Ibanez Musician...

Nice! I had one just like that, but I traded it for something else. I should have kept it. Those neck-thru axes are commanding unbelievable prices now!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah they are! I used to have two of them, but I made a dumb move and sold one to a friend. I shoulda bought all I could get when they were plentiful and underpriced!

FT Member
    Thanks

If it's a model 2350, could be worth between 800 and 1000. Though the change out of original parts, most likely lessens its value.