Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best fender amp

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    A Princeton will suit you just fine, then. I think he was using the big tweed Twin for that and that would be too much money and too many watts for you, so a good Princeton reissue would be good for you.
    Roger that. Fender is building them in blackface and silverface livery, and making an even more expensive one with some special features they call a Custom '68 Princeton.
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

Thanks

It may not be the 'Clapton' tone you're looking for but my favorite is the Vibro King. I would suggest that you get an 'adjustable fixed bias' amp because you may not get the sound you're looking for. But I've seen Clapton in many videos and he just goes over to the amp and tweaks a few knobs (without even playing) and any amp he touches then sounds great.

Just my 2 cents. -Dave