Thanks

Default New bass advice pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeee

I know I'm opening up a can of worms but my daughter is looking to buy a bass and I need some advice. We have the opportunity to buy either a 2015 Fender Active Precision Bass Deluxe or a Geddy Lee. Both are Mexican models and are 500...I don't know which to go for.

They are both 2 hours away (in opposite directions) so I need to choose one to see first. She has 'adult' sized hands and wants to play pop-punk. I know a lot of pop -punk bands use the p bass but the Geddy Lee has so many good reviews. I spoke to the local GC and the guy said the active p bass is able to do what the Geddy Lee can do in terms of sound and more as it has the active system. He said the Geddy Lee has a more Jazz sound so it wouldn't be as easy to create the 'pop-punk' sound. I'd really value some help. She doesn't yet have the experience to be able to make an 'informed' choice so I'm looking for some help.

Both are in good condition but the Geddy Lee has had the varnish on the neck sanded down.
    Help!!!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

One key point: an active system requires a battery and that must be maintained and periodically replaced. If it fizzles in the middle of a gig it could be a hassle, especially if one doesn't have a spare.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Thanks

Good point. If she's as conscientious with her bass battery as she is with her homework she'll be fine! LOL!