FT Member
    Thanks

Default Is that suggested ?

I literally fell in love with this guitar since I saw it and I'd like to ask someone who already has it to tell me the pros and the cons of it.And if you could suggest it to someone who wants to use it plugged in ? Generally what's your experience with this guitar ?
    Personally I own an Ibanez v50njp which costs at about 100 euros.So I want the Hb-850 to sound at least the same as good as my Ibanez.Is that possible ?Since I will be using it with an amp,I could fix a lot the sound of the guitar and use it as a backing track in many songs.
    Thank you !!

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I find it is all about what you love. This kind of guitar is made to be plugged in. It's not going to sound like a great, traditional tonewood acoustic guitar because it is shallow and plastic/composite material. However, when you plug it into an amp or PA it will have an entirely different sound. It should be good for recording backing tracks for sure. Good luck!
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CustomWes For This Useful Post:

thanos_tj's (12-04-2016)

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomWes View Post
    I find it is all about what you love. This kind of guitar is made to be plugged in. It's not going to sound like a great, traditional tonewood acoustic guitar because it is shallow and plastic/composite material. However, when you plug it into an amp or PA it will have an entirely different sound. It should be good for recording backing tracks for sure. Good luck!
    Hey CustomWes thanks again man !!

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Many years ago, I was shopping for an acoustic guitar and I was trying out some Ovations. The store owner told me that if I really loved the Ovation's sound then I should get it, but I should remember that 20 years in the future it would sound exactly the same. That's the thing about quality wood guitars, they will mature and the tone will blossom in time. Not that there is anything wrong with the Ovation, they are fine guitars, sound pretty good acoustically, and through a good PA or amp will also sound great. It's your choice!
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    Many years ago, I was shopping for an acoustic guitar and I was trying out some Ovations. The store owner told me that if I really loved the Ovation's sound then I should get it, but I should remember that 20 years in the future it would sound exactly the same. That's the thing about quality wood guitars, they will mature and the tone will blossom in time. Not that there is anything wrong with the Ovation, they are fine guitars, sound pretty good acoustically, and through a good PA or amp will also sound great. It's your choice!
    It's not an Ovation it's a Harley Benton so I don't know if that counts on this situation.Take a look at a new post that I made
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...6&share_type=t
    Deluxe Roundback Electro Acoustic by Gear4music

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Stan is saying that it's an Ovation design. It doesn't matter what name is on the headstock, it's an Ovation. That is their design, their legacy, their sound.
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomWes View Post
    Stan is saying that it's an Ovation design. It doesn't matter what name is on the headstock, it's an Ovation. That is their design, their legacy, their sound.
    Oh yes sorry,then in that case you are right