Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Ah, well, I didn't have the funds to buy the Orbit, yet...I needed to buy some other samples and modules for my audio work.

Anyhow, I also have a Digitech GSP 2101 Studio Tube single S-Disc I bought and gigged with back in 94/95. I have been jumping through the SysEx hoops to back up both my Cyber Twin and 2101 programs and full system dumps using Midi-Ox. My soundcard is a PreSonus FireStudioMobile. Midi-Ox allows control of these units as well, so, at least one can experience switching programs without touching the big scroll wheels and scrolling through programs.

SysEx dumps are pretty easy once you realize how to manually jump through the hoops. I did need to create an exel worksheet to keep track I use my Cyber Twin for much of the music I record, the 2101 not so much. My plan now is to get the 2101 acting more like a multiFX stompbox to enhance the really limited fx of the Cyber Twin.

Thanks

So, maybe I should start a new thread, although this is still very much related to this topic.

Yesterday I figured out how to get my midi controller talking to my Cyber Twin. Frankly, I was blown away and played for about 8 hours once I got it all set up. I thought it would be more of a hassle than it turned out to be. I was able to map around 20 parameters to my old Evolution UC-33, which is not a footcontroller. I pretty much mapped the controller to nearly every parameter the manual says can be controlled via typical cc routing.

The great thing about controlling the CT like this is you can dial in sounds while listening/playing in optimal throw for the amp. Personally, I have never been able to do such a thing before and got mesmerized by the capability. No more having to walk across the room to dial in any parameter! There is a major down side: it is not easy to read the display on the amp from 4 or 5 paces away. Not being able to read the display isn't a big enough problem to be detrimental to adjusting parameters with your ears in the sweet spot, which is a deal-breaker. It is a wonderful sensation to dial out harshness and know what it sounds like where the amp is throwing rather than walking back and forth to the amp controls and guess what you need to dial in; yo-yoing back and forth, ugh!.

I learned, as well, that the Tape Delay is awesome. I was on Hanger 10 preset, and couldn't stop playing with the Tape Delay. I think I was on that patch alone for 4hrs!

At first, I thought I was going overboard mapping so many parameters, but you really do need all the knobs (witch hat and fx); Reverb Dwell and the FX bypass AND FX amount (wet/dry) are critical, so don't skip those. I mapped all the Reverb controls: Reverb Time, Tone, Dwell and Diffusion and used those controls much more often than anticipated.

I didn't mind not having footcontroller, although I'll get that going too at some point. The thought of having 5 expression pedals doesn't sound appealing. I learned that controlling so many parameters from listening in the amp throw is the way the Cyber amps were meant to be used. Anyone who complains about the Cybers not sounding good has never used it like this.

Thanks for listening
    _todd