Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default How many ofyou still have your Cyber Twin SE (or original) and favorite settings?

The Cyber has been discontinued for a while now. Just wondering how many of you still have one. Also, have you come up with any favorite settings? Thanks.
    Michael

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Still have and use my Cyber Twin. I haven't tried changing the tubes to 12AU7's but will probably do so in the future. I sent you a setting I use often for rhythm and lower gain leads in a PM. Let me know what you think and how you might adjust it due to the tube change.

Ken

Thanks

I have a 12AU7 that came out from a pedal and I may as well try that myself. What I'm looking to finding is the Studioware panels for cakewalk.

FT Member
    Thanks

I still have one and i gig it regularly with a variety of pedals.I tend to use it as a clean platform and have it set up for three different guitars (tele,strat & a patrick eggle berlin)
    i haven't changed the tubes at all but reading the threads on here it might be a good idea to change them to AU7's. i also use a Rivera Clubster45 1x12 combo which is also a good pedal platform though I'm not too keen on the dirty channel.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I still have mine ! I bought it after joining F/T and asking you guys what you thought about it. It's the second version and I love the amp you can dial up anything. I think I paid just under a grand for it with the full foot controller. I have had it since 2009 and still have not spent enough time learning the functions and it's full capabilities. I love the history of the amp and the story written about it's development in the Sole of Tone by Tom Wheeler.

Nice amp and just like all of our gear it has it's place and fills it well.

Ron
    Ron

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I still have my original version. I don't use it much because every time I plug into it, it's like a new box of toys and I start playing with them instead of playing the guitar. It's amazing what it will do, but it does keep me from 'playing'....
    I'll probably keep it though, because it's not worth much (to anyone else) these days...
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpyderman View Post
    The Cyber has been discontinued for a while now. Just wondering how many of you still have one. Also, have you come up with any favorite settings? Thanks.
    I have a first generation Cyber Twin purchased in 2004 at Turnkey, Charing Cross in London circa 2003. It is my main amp. I have never gigged with it, but I record it often. I have been reading up here at fendertalk on trying out some lower outage tubes which I plan to try out soon. Accessing the tubes sounds a bit daunting, so that had been keeping me from trying it. I plan to try some tube variations soon.

A couple of factory presets I do like are Route 66 and I really dig the One Panner setting. I am usually not a presets guy, but I like those two. In the 90s I put a lot of programming time into my ADA MP-1 + Quadraverb rig, but the Quadraverb PSU failed on two separate occasions and I hadn't sysex'd my custom sounds so those sounds are lost forever. Those experiences made me aprehensive to commit a great deal of time creating presets again. I would love to get ahold of Cyber Commander, but that appears to be a difficult to acquire software :-(

I got my CT as a gift from my missus, and it was a pretty good deal...650-ish if memory serves. The store where I bought it lost the cover before I purchased it. They have me a Marshall 4x12 vinyl cover as which I cut down ...I'd love to get an official CT cover.

I didn't use my CT for quite a few years; very occasionally. I, too, found the majority of the factory presets noisey and/or quite unoriginal and just never really dived into the programming. A couple of years ago, I had a visitor at my house who is a gigging guitarist and I showed him my Byrdland and Cyber Twin. He got to playing and I went to tweaking. That's when I discovered the A section and realized the depth of potential the CT has; it was a Eureka moment for me. I had read the CT manual front to back several times but never understood the A section before. After the penny dropped, just...wow! Previously, like many users here say, I made a few custom presets; saved them to the 4 favorite buttons and didn't dig much deeper.

Nowadays, when I want to dial in a sound for recording, I go straight to the A section and the possibilities are fantastic. I only have the 4 button footpedal, I hope to pick up a fender midi pedal with CC or similar soon as well.

As far as sounds I like, I always find myself choosing Tweed pre sounds. If I had Cyber Commander I would be doing much more programming and backing up.

The one thing I really don't like about the CT is the way the big knob works, I would much rather scroll to a desired preset and then activate said preset, rather than send the CT into flying knobs mode when the big knob moves...therefore, midi is a better option which I haven't yet set up. I have had a few midi pedals over the years, but not one I ever really liked...so I need to investigate that further too.

Ugh....alas, I am still typing.... :-|
    As far as FX on the CT, I find the flanger and chorus really weak, quite dated. The reverbs, vibratos and tremolos are awesome, tho. You really have to be willing tweak...I've been deeply researching flangers for the past month and I intend to purchase something in the next week. Chase Bliss Spectre might be a bit out of budget...Alexander or Foxrox Paradox are high on the list...my local music store has a Strymon Orbit set aside for me, but I am thinking to go analog...

Thsnks for reading

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I still have a CT original. I won a guitar and amp from a Guitar One magazine giveaway in 2004. The amp ( head and two cabinets) was a promo amp from a short lived company called Rhino and was designed for metal heads. I found a dealer in PA willing to take it in trade and I got the CT straight up for the Rhino.

I gigged with it a few times but now I use it mainly as a practice amp in my office. I really love using it and mainly use a couple of the preset amp settings. I programmed a few custom setting way back when with a little overdrive. Most of the custom presets were essentially unusable.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

FT Member
    Thanks

I still have a first gen.CT and gig most weekends with it but I do use a pedal board for dirt.modulation & delay
    (the ct's reverb is nearly as good as my Strymon Flint).
    For smaller venues I use a 45W Rivera Clubster where space is a consideration (I play in a seven piece band) but I do prefer the Ct as it's a bigger/fatter sound obviously being a 2x12.
    So as long as it works I'll keep using it but I think once the electronics start to fail it'll be turned into a 2x12 cab for use with some sort of head.

FT Member
    Thanks

yeah, I love the gtr amp rvrbs and tremelos/vibro-ness on the CT. It's nice to know your experience with Flint The CT FX section is otherwise rather dated. I am buying a Strymon Orbit next week and look forward to getting that in my signal chain. My Cyber Twin is pretty clean cosmetically, it hasn't had much use since I purchased it. It has never gigged, just a bit of home and studio playing....the challenge for me is that I am using it more now than ever and the legacy parts are not easy to come by.