Thanks

Default Fender Doubtcaster

Just picked up this new Fender Doubtcaster. Thanks Fender!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Made in the Shade!? That's one crazy guitar, dude.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SAguitar For This Useful Post:

soybasedriffs (09-24-2016)

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

What he said!! So, Kerry, we are a relatively small group and I'm thinking the others would love to hear your story - how old, how long you've been playing, what music you love, and how you came by that wild guitar specimen!
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Looks nice
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CustomWes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey Tele Savalas, that's a great name, when I was a kid always thought that Tele Savalas looked cool with his bald head. That's back when TV shows were pretty awesome. By the way I am still getting used to this interface so I pressed the quote bubble plus thing and I have no idea what that did, and then I discovered the thanks button, and I pressed that which I think, is the right thing to press and not the "bubble plus. Anyhow, I am 44, I have been playing guitar since I was eight years old, I used to be into the great rock and shred guitar players of the 80s and 90s, then I was a big Stanley Jordan fan, and now I just try to practice guitar went I am not working a corporate job and raising a family. I bought this guitar on craigslist about eight or nine weeks ago for $60, it is an Indonesian Squier. The pick guard is covered with scrap material from the stitch lab on first Street in Austin, and the headstock labels were digitally printed on blue-backed decal paper from HobbyTown USA. I used a vector graphics program called inkscape to make a goofy labels. I watched a kids' tutorial on YouTube on how to apply decals to spaceships. I have a Stewart McDonald book on how to do your own fretwork, and I have had a lot of practice with that, so the frets are stainless steel and brand-new, the old ones were removed. More on the neck, I removed all the original finish and obviously the original logo, and the neck was redone with a mixture of polyurethane, and linseed oil, and mineral spirits. And Behlen instrument lacquer. And a lot of sandpaper and a lot of buffing with the blue rouge. I still have the original pickguard underneath the stitch lab material, I filled the holes with either wood or this instant plastic stuff from Lowe's. I can't remember the name of it, but I have a little video on it on Instagram. Be my friend. sleeping_late_today

I'm also on YouTube if you search soybasedriffs. There's an Everybody Wants to Rule the World arrangement I did there.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I have a couple of friends who play in Austin. One guy is named Richard Jessee and the other is Redd Volkaert. Two extreme ends of the genre spectrum, but both awesome players.

Liked your arrangement of Everybody Wants to Rule the World very much. Also the one where your boy plays the guitar while his brother bombs him with a roll of toilet paper!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

soybasedriffs (09-25-2016)

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Oh, and I have some friends from Brooklyn who will be playing in Austin on October 14th. If you like funky music, check out the Pimps of Joytime at the Parish.

Thanks

Cool man I'll check it out.