FT Member
    Thanks

Default Egnater Renegade 65 watt head w/ Tourmaster 212 cab.. play with one yet?

Scored this rig recently from a pawn shop, got the head and the cab for $500. I really dig the switch to flip the amp from 65 watts to 18 watts, and the fact that it has 2 6L6 and 2 EL34's in it, and you can "blend" the two sounds.

Presently I'm playing with the clean channel set to 6L6 and running my trusty Pod XT Live into it and really enjoying the amp.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Those are two extremely useful innovations. Power switching is relatively common but having two different, blendable power circuits is brilliant. Lugging around a Fender amp in one hand and a Marshall in the other will throw your back out of whack!
    Last edited by tele savalas; 06-06-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Sounds like quite the rig. Enjoy!
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Nice amp, nice score for that price. It's an interesting concept and amazing how many options we have for just Amps and guitars. I spent last evening flipping the pages of the new Sweetwater catalog that showed up yesterday. It reminded me of the Sears Christmas catalog....I use to sleep with that thing when I was just 7 years old. How many guys here remember doing that ? It was a much different world back then.

Leo would have never imagined the industry as it is today.
    Ron

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Excellent score, man! That little gem is the king of the road, for sure.

And yeah, I remember feasting on the old Sears catalog, you could find anything from motorcycles to a full kit to build a house in that thing. Sweetwater's catalog is almost as good.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

When I moved back to MI from CO, my wife and I lived in a Sears "kit" home built in 1924!
    ~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MykWiz For This Useful Post:

SAguitar (06-09-2016)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Have had one of these for a over a year now. Love it. Got rid of my AC30 and pretty much just play the head through a 2x12 cab. Awesome cleans and great modded marshall type crunch. Only downside is that the digital verb can get a little weird at high volumes. But that's really not a big deal. With the ability to play with different tubes and all the tweaks it's one of those amps that you can explore for a long time. I've stopped...er...slowed down looking for other amps since I've gotten this. $500 for the amp+cab is an awesome score!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Hey how are you enjoying your Renegade? Still loving mine. Tried putting Ruby KT88's in place of the Sovtek 6L6s but went back to those as the KT's weren't an improvement. Might try them on the EL34 side but already love that side.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Frank might not see your post for a while, but he should check in sooner or later.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thanks Tele. Hopefully he's still digging the amp. In a sea of high price amps it's not the best but out there it's the best amp I've ever had. Hopefully Frank is enjoying just as much. : )
    Last edited by mjaggisan; 07-20-2016 at 09:04 AM.