Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FT Member
    Thanks

Default Cyber Commander and Windows 10

Well the other morning I came into my music room and my computer greeted me with Windows had updated my computer to windows 10... It had been asking me for months to upgrade and I had been saying no...Well Microsoft high jacked my computer and did it anyway with windows update... I lost a bunch of my personal settings and it hid Internet Explorer and wanted me to use something called EDGE as my browser... Well I finally got things sorted out it's taken several days so this morning thought I'd play some music.... Turned on the ole Cyber Twin se and cyber commander and tried to sync them up and nothing I couldn't get my amp to send any signals to my computer and cyber commander couldn't find my amp... NOW WHAT... Microsoft had screwed something up.... I started trouble shooting things, I unplugged the USB from my midi hub nothing... unplugged midi cables and reconnected them nothing... something's not right so I cranked up my other Cyber Twin se and moved everything to that amp still could not get the midi light on the amp to flash.... Fender Foot controller would work with cyber commander though... so I know we were getting a midi signal to the computer....Did a system setup with cyber commander and finally got the program to see the amps and the amp to talk to cyber commander... Three hours later everything seems to be working so I want to change some presets... I was rearranging the order of a few songs so I can just hit the next number on my foot controller to get that preset setting makes things really simple... Tried to save to amp and cyber commander crashed so I tried to save to my cyber commander folder where all my presets are stored on the computer and cyber commander crashed.... Windows said I didn't have permission to do that.... So I went in and changed the permissions to read and write even turned on sharing for the program and it still made the program crash... Cyber Commander would just disappear and you would have to restart the program...Go through all the reconnect the amp again get everything working but just as soon as I wanted to access a file or save a file... windows would shut the program down...

Microsoft will at least let you go back to windows 7 or 8 in windows update so I removed Windows 10 and got windows 7 reinstalled and every things back to normal so far... Turned off automatic updates.... Cyber Commander is working just fine now... But what happens down the road... With General cyber systems out of business and I have to replace my old computer some day this is not good... I have been trying to contact Johnny at General Cyber systems but no luck... So I guess were on our own...

I've cooled down a bit now... the wife says shut up and play some music
    so I'll go for now...
    Jake

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Jake, I'm sorry to hear that. I myself have been saying no to the upgrade on ym desktop, but in my case it is because several attempts to upgrade have failed - unlike on my laptop where it went very smoothly.

Regarding Cyber Commander, I can't be specific, but there have been issues reported due to the fact that Windows 10 does not have Media Player. Apparently that has ramifications beyond just playing media files. I do hope you can go back to 7 (or even 8.1, which is a LOT better than 8.0).

Good luck!

Srini

FT Member
    Thanks

Srini
    Well we have everything back to the way it was... Cyber Commander is running just fine on Windows 7... I'm sure it would work on Windows 10 with enough tweeking... Windows treats us like 2 year olds ...How dare you go in and try to control the computer your self....Microsoft knows better so we will hide everything from you... I just got fed up with it and uninstalled windows 10... If I could get Cyber Commander to run on Windows 2000 I would but It won't install 24bit vs 16bit I think...
    Take care
    Jake

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Cyber Commander runs fine under Windows 10. I had no problems after upgrading to 10. I don't remember if I did but I might suggest you re-run the CC set-up to see if that gets you going. Good luck!

And Srini, Windows 10 does indeed have Media Player.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Jake, I'm glad things worked out. Zenken, I stand corrected - I may be confusing it with Media Center, for what thats worth.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485170,00.asp

Not that it should have any impact on Jake's issue, but who knows what impacts what, eh?

Srini

Thanks

Hi folks,
    I'm glad to hear that cyber commander runs under windows 10 after all.
    However, I would first need the programm altogether before enjoying the issues with windows 10.
    The company seems to have gone out of business. Does anyone of you have an idea where to get the software from?
    Thanks a lot
    Peter

Thanks

Default Cyber Commander for original Cyber Twin

I have an original Cyber Twin that I purchased new around 1992. In the early years, Cakewalk had a great plugin software for editing, storing, and loading presets and custom patches. Then Cakewalk disable the plugin in all their software, perhaps under pressure by Fender, I don't know. Anyway, I have recently dusted off the Cyber Twin and am searching for alternate editing software. Cyber Commander also seems to be defunct, or no long offered. I would be very grateful if you could provide me with an install file. Thanks! rokitsynz at aol dot com

Thanks

I'm also looking for Cyber Commander! Somebody has to have a way to reach the Creator! Thak's

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I'm with Joe Walsh...

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

badxmpl (03-27-2017)

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I haven't heard that. So Joe. So true. "some 10 year old smart azz has to show me what to do"....
    Thinking back to the changes our parents and grandparents saw during their lifetimes.... At least their world took a "lifetime" to obsolete itself.

Sorry... I've been sick. Still feeling a bit icky. (got the crud from my GP during a "wellness visit". How's that for irony?)
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....