Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Lightbulb New kind of a guitar nut

Recently on market appeared a new part of the guitar, which should be possible to solve some of the problems that plague guitarist with double locking systems. So far, I had many problems with poor tuners and the loss of intonation, and every part that it solves (beside well known locking tuners and 2-locking system) that interests me. Maybe you also.
    This part is called Lok-N-Roll compensated nut and at first it looks like a classic metal nut of any double locking system. His inventor is mr. Gregory Decker. He noticed that some double locking guitars appeared to be out of pitch! He started research and after many exam and tests, Gregory developed a way to compensate his beloved double locking tremolo equipped guitars by adding shims and moving the nut closer toward the bridge. Meanwhile, Gregory expanded his professional experience into several areas including owning a guitar specialty store, as well as touring with bands, composing, and continuing to develop new inventions for the music industry. After years of perfecting his compensated locking nut design, he felt it was time to share his inventions. As a result, the Decker Lok-N-Roll Compensated Locking Nut became available to all musicians but price is still unknown. What we know in this moment is that the Lok-N-Roll will be distributed by AP International, parent company of Floyd Rose Marketing.

How it works? The new Lok-N-Roll improves your guitar by providing proper pitch and compensation across the fretboard. The need to apply different string pressure on each string due to inherent sharp or flat notes is no longer an issue. Equal pressure on each string is provided across the fingerboard. These features allow the Lok-N-Roll to assist with wrist, arm, and finger discomfort. As the player, you will notice an improved difference in chords, scales, alternate tuning, string skipping, sweeping, tapping, harmonics, dive bombs, and other tremolo tricks. The nut is a direct drop-in replacement for most similar style locking nuts, making it extremely easy to retrofit. As the Lok-N-Roll does not need to be clamped to be compensated, it can also be used as a standard nut without the locking feature.
    Last edited by Littlefloor; 01-07-2016 at 06:45 AM. Reason: missing a letter

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Oh, no! A replacement for all of us old guitar nuts....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Very interesting!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I'm going with another new nut, much simpler than this, on the LP I'm finishing up:

http://www.zeroglide.com/
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

This thread is nuts!
    ~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MykWiz For This Useful Post:

CustomWes (01-10-2016)

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Personally, i like the look of that Zero Glide nut a lot better!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    Personally, i like the look of that Zero Glide nut a lot better!
    yes, simple, clean, easy or zero maintenance but - works! Like my my car. I like both.

Thanks

Hi guys, Im a newbie here and thought I'd chime in.
    I'm Gregory Decker, owner/inventor of the Lok-N-Roll compensated locking nut.
    First and foremost Im a player like most of you. Im happy to assist in any questions you have.
    The Zeroglide is a fantastic way to improve compensation for you "non" locking nut needs. Nice design, and the zero fret design has proven to assist over many years.
    The Lok-N-Roll is a compensated "locking" nut. Designed to be used with a locking tremolo similar to Floyd Rose , Kahler, etc.
    Although it doesn't have to have the locking clamps in place for it to work. If your guitar is set up for a Floyd Rose style locking nut, the Lok-N-Roll needs no modifications, no glue, no sanding, at all to install. You can even keep your strings on while installing it.
    It will move your strings closer to the bridge and provide even tension across the fingerboard via its individual string length system.
    Not only does it compensate but your guitar will produce a clear almost piano like tone. Due to the even string tension, you have less fatigue on your fingers, arm, and so forth. String skipping, tapping, sweeping will have less effort now making for faster playing.
    Feel free and check out some demo's at www.Lok-N-Roll.com
    If your attending NAMM this week, please stop by the Floyd Rose booth and say hello.
    Gregory Decker
    Lok-N-Roll
    Music Gear Guys

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    I'm going with another new nut, much simpler than this, on the LP I'm finishing up:

http://www.zeroglide.com/
    I really like this - correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it would eliminate the need for a compensated nut, like an Earvana for example, because it has a zero fret....right?

Srini

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

That's the idea - I will hopefully find out this week if I can stop procrastinating and finish wet-sanding and polishing and get this thing set up. Gregory's nut is a great idea for Floyd Rose players.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

mitchelyoung (02-13-2018)