Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FT Member
    Thanks

Default Songs for Beginners ?

I'm playing guitar for about a year,and I'm looking for good songs to learn,I'm waiting for yor suggestions !!

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

I hate to trivialize this important question, but I'd say the easy answer is - pick the songs you love the most. My feeling is that otherwise you won't stick with it long enough to improve and, lets face it, the guitar is a difficult enough instrument to master when you love the music, so why make it harder by picking songs that are "recommended" as good learning vehicles that you may not particularly dig?

My two cents...

Srini

Fenderfied
    Thanks

What kind of music do you listen to?
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Beside House of Rising sun, I concentrated to legendary Smoke on the water...
    as Srini already said, pick famous song and find out some good tab software, as Guitar Pro or similar, get tab and practice. Later find out backtrack of same song and play along with it...

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    What kind of music do you listen to?
    Most Country,Rock,Pop,RocknRoll,Blues,Country, almost everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlefloor View Post
    Beside House of Rising sun, I concentrated to legendary Smoke on the water...
    as Srini already said, pick famous song and find out some good tab software, as Guitar Pro or similar, get tab and practice. Later find out backtrack of same song and play along with it...
    Thanks for the advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Srini View Post
    I hate to trivialize this important question, but I'd say the easy answer is - pick the songs you love the most. My feeling is that otherwise you won't stick with it long enough to improve and, lets face it, the guitar is a difficult enough instrument to master when you love the music, so why make it harder by picking songs that are "recommended" as good learning vehicles that you may not particularly dig?

My two cents...

Srini
    I have already learn thousands of songs,either for strumming or fingerpicking.I just can't find anything else to play,so I want your ideas to suggest me a good song

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I think some of the first songs I really learned were by Neil Young, like Down by the River, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thanos_tj's View Post
    Most Country,Rock,Pop,RocknRoll,Blues,Country, almost everything

I have already learn thousands of songs,either for strumming or fingerpicking.I just can't find anything else to play,so I want your ideas to suggest me a good song
    Ah well, then the answer is simple. Find new music to listen to first, and you'll find something that really turns you on. Then learn to play that.

Srini

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thanos_tj's View Post

You didn't say that initially.
    If you still don't know what to play after learning thousands of songs, maybe it's time to start writing your own...
    Seems as if by now you will have learned enough about structure and progression and formula to build your own musical assemblies.... Then, add some meaningful lyrics (they only have to mean something to YOU) and....
    Repeat as necessary.
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to badxmpl For This Useful Post:

thanos_tj's (01-03-2016)

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    You didn't say that initially.
    If you still don't know what to play after learning thousands of songs, maybe it's time to start writing your own...
    Seems as if by now you will have learned enough about structure and progression and formula to build your own musical assemblies.... Then, add some meaningful lyrics (they only have to mean something to YOU) and....
    Repeat as necessary.
    I have already write one song with my acoustic and when I played it to a friend,he took his electric and he started playing solo's and it came out pretty well,I just haven't find the lyrics.
    To be more specific I'm having a trouble with bars,so I want a song with easy bars to learn 😜