Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digital Effects

FT Member
    Thanks

I went digital a few years back but came back to discrete pedals.

I had some Zoom multieffect pedals, an old DigiTech and two Vox Tonelab STs. And I had a crazed idea about taking a trashed Peavey Vypyr 30 removing the power amp and putting the modeling stuff into a more compact box. I would have controlled it with my Sanpera I MIDI controller.

Then I realized I still had 3 overdrive pedals, 5 distortion pedals, 3 chorus pedals, a couple each of compressors, reverb and delays, echo pedals, tremolo pedals flangers and wahs. Each pedal had its own spin. Each bought used and between $5-50.

If I needed a distortion with some fizziness, I had it in my Lyon Distortion. Something to sound kinda overdriven Marshallish? The Marshall Bluesbreaker II. A blatant Taiwanese copy of an early 1980s Boss compressor? The Maxtone compressor-sustainer.

Variety is good.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Wait - we haven't talked about sausage yet...
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

FT Member
    Thanks

I have both old school stomp boxes, as well as a digital Boss GT-8. Although I prefer tube warmth (2 channel Laney L20H) which I can give a little kick with a good old Boss Blues Driver, flavoured with a little tremolo and/or chorus, I must say that for my coverband the GT-8 is both versatile and convincing. Especially the amp models which I use for clean / crunch / drive are not bad at all. The GT-8 is also weapon of choice when we play at a venue where the backline is provided and I am more or less forced to use whatever amp is installed. Those are the moments I embrace the GT-8 and go for it. In april this year we had such a gig, and our drummer (who is a quite decent guitar player himself) was surprised about my tone. Even got a compliment from the sound guy ("now that's how a tele's supposed to sound like!")

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I actually haven't tried digital sausage yet.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    I actually haven't tried digital sausage yet.

There's no comparing it to analog sausage.... Although the digital does do a remarkable job with the 'sizzle'!!
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to badxmpl For This Useful Post:

SAguitar (10-08-2015)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LRS!
    ;334156... The GT-8 is also weapon of choice when we play at a venue where the backline is provided and I am more or less forced to use whatever amp is installed. Those are the moments I embrace the GT-8 and go for it.
    I thought that Boss GT-100 will be better successor of GT-10... but after exercise during couple of days I noticed that there is just a few cosmetics changes! I expected better looper, with longer time for pattern loop, ability to load at least 5 minute of mp3 quality backtrack... but - nop! In my case, GT-10 is good enough, especially as it is possible to use as some kind of USB interface between your guitar and PC running MS Windows, so you don't need some special USB interface as Scarlett 2i2 or Tascam... Behringer! No latency! Smooth work with Reaper and GuitarPro 5...
    More than 760 USD is too much for GT-100

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I've still got an old GT-8 that gets a lot of work. I started that journey with a GT-5, and then a GT-6 before moving to the GT-8. It's a decent unit, and although it doesn't have all the later models have, I haven't felt the need to move up the ladder any more. Well, not yet.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    I've still got an old GT-8 that gets a lot of work. I started that journey with a GT-5, and then a GT-6 before moving to the GT-8. It's a decent unit, and although it doesn't have all the later models have, I haven't felt the need to move up the ladder any more. Well, not yet.

Now you've done it....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....