Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Effects

FT Member
    Thanks

Default Digital Effects

I've gotten to the point of dumping the pedals and individual effects boxes in favor of the digital multi-effect processor. The recent pedals that I demo-ed in the store are actually getting really good (compared to a few years back). What say ye all? You still rocking the old school stomp boxes or have you gone digital?

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I've tried a few digitals, but always go back to my pedalboard.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

We had a gig Friday and our front man uses a multi-effects digital unit (Digitech, I believe) and between songs he was stepping on that thing about 30 times to get to the next pre-set. Too much tweaking for me.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm View Post
    I've gotten to the point of dumping the pedals and individual effects boxes in favor of the digital multi-effect processor. The recent pedals that I demo-ed in the store are actually getting really good (compared to a few years back). What say ye all? You still rocking the old school stomp boxes or have you gone digital?
    Old fashioned musicians mainly prefer few compact pedals around (wah, flanger, chorus and delay, sometime TubeScreamer), as they know what sound prefer... but others, players who play versatile music likes more options on the floor, and multy-processor is right answer. There are many models, I played Boss GT-10 and Line6 POD HD500... plenty options, you can download & upload via PC and USB cables your own sound patches... and in same time they offer all what offer single compact pedals. problem is that they aren't unbreakable, nor cheap, sometime despite 4 banks you can't dial right tone on live gig as you can achieve it by single series of pedals... everything is up to player and its taste, needs...
    Personally, I like these big shiny bricks on the floor but they aren't all mighty... it would be nice to have some of them.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I live in both worlds! Right now I'm using my old Line 6 POD X3 Live, and I've got two stompboxes in front of it. Namely, an Electro-Harmonix Soul Food and a Rothwell Tornado. I can dial in just about anything I want and it's all available with a little tap-dancing!

And for backup, I've still got my giant stompbox board and a Boss GT-8.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Interesting thoughts. Is the very specific tone a function of your style or are you trying to replicate someone else's sound for a cover band? I find I use my own style of sounds a lot and it really is only about 5 different channels on the processor.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm View Post
    Interesting thoughts. Is the very specific tone a function of your style or are you trying to replicate someone else's sound for a cover band? I find I use my own style of sounds a lot and it really is only about 5 different channels on the processor.
    I like to sound same or very similar to some bands if it match my personal taste (very good, punchy riff, nice intro riff, like Burn of Deep Purple, Tush... etc.) but I like to have more option to make different sounds, mainly as I'm band-less now, and I need some kind of backtracks, just to play with it. Due that I don't like too much listen other bands just to stay on my own ideas, playing, theme, lead parts... because you start to play something and it remind you to some yesterday song and - boom, you loosed idea.
    I'm addicted to distortion and overdrive effects, Line 6 seems better than Boss GT10 from mentioned story, even I enter slow and easy into calm waters of blues, jazz rock... where I prefer more guitar sound like Gary Moore than frantic distortion spiced with a fistful power chords. But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!
    Today is hard to achieve own signature tone, but I like to pretend I was successful about that... can't hurt anybody.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I don't really try to replicate anyone's exact tone, I just tweak things until I'm relatively happy with it. Of course, the needs or desires seem to constantly change so I'm always tweaking and swapping, and generally messin' with stuff.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hey, Elvir... wasn't "A Fistful Of Power Chords" a Clint Eastwood movie?
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fenderfied
    Thanks

That was my favorite flick
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......