Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    Actually, I must retract that statement - it was a DC-5, not a Mark 5. I chose it over a Blue Angel, which was a gorgeous-sounding clean amp but had no overdrive to speak of. Should have gone with the Blue Angel and a good pedal. Amp builders nowaday (Kingsley is a good example) can give you the best of both worlds in one amp.
    Never saw them. I'm ashamed to admit it, but so it is in this region of the world, there is so many little-known manufacturers of amplifiers and guitars, and we are "stuck" only for those traditionally and globally known, like Marshall, Vox, Mesa, Fender, Orange , Peavey, and later Engl, Randall, Bogner, Soldano, Diezel, Hughes & Kattner, Blackstar, Laney ... the reason for this is the ease of selling, because it easier to sell Marshall than Blackstar, except it's poor MG's. Similarly with guitars, any Gibson is almost here more appreciated than any Ibanez or Washburn even we know many pricey models. Lack of information, that's it, but luckily, so are there many forums, like this one, and nice people who know more than what it used to look like. Thank you.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefloor View Post
    You mean: Mesa Mark Five 25? It shall be helpful too, just a little bit is missing 13 hundred US greens.
    That's the one - and it's about 500 US greens less than the Kingsley.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Actually, I must retract that statement - it was a DC-5, not a Mark 5. I chose it over a Blue Angel, which was a gorgeous-sounding clean amp but had no overdrive to speak of. Should have gone with the Blue Angel and a good pedal. Amp builders nowaday (Kingsley is a good example) can give you the best of both worlds in one amp.
    I almost got a Blue Angel once. Isn't it meant for applications that don't call for searing OD? As you say, though, it's nice to get the best of both worlds. Actually, that Mark V 25 looks really good on paper, and I would have seriously considered it if I hadn't already bought the Gries, and if I were more tolerant of EL84s.

Srini

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I hear ya, Srini! I grew up on 6L6s, and have adapted to 6v6s, but still haven't fallen deeply for an amp running EL84s. Not to say it won't happen, just not yet!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srini View Post
    That's the one - and it's about 500 US greens less than the Kingsley.
    Please, don't say it!? Man, I can't believe it.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    I hear ya, Srini! I grew up on 6L6s, and have adapted to 6v6s, but still haven't fallen deeply for an amp running EL84s. Not to say it won't happen, just not yet!
    Stan, if you find yourself in Lincoln City, stop by The Signal and test-drive a Goodsell Super 17:

http://www.superseventeen.com/amplif...xe-format.html

I have one of the early, stripped down ones (no reverb or trem) and it is tonal heaven. When I had a chance to eat dinner with Sonny Landreth, I asked him if he had any new and exiting amps that he liked, that was the one he mentioned.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Please, don't say it!? Man, I can't believe it.
    Not only did I say it, but now I'm going to torture you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjkfA...e_gdata_player

Srini

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srini View Post
    Not only did I say it, but now I'm going to torture you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjkfA...e_gdata_player

Srini
    I saw that people use unkempt computer, so far I've never seen someone playing on the shaggy amplifier, probably just John it knows how. Just joking... of course. Thanks for this nice clip but it doesn't help me, why I have a feeling you tease me with this? I'm already addicted to that hoarse, growling sound of Mesa, just simply I don't have nothing to sell in order to buy such monster. Maybe my cat, but I doubt cat would agree... Hey Srini, if you spot some Mesa giveaway, please drop a info, I'll let you to play it each day, free, OK?

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

I saw that people use unkempt computer, so far I've never seen someone playing on the shaggy amplifier, probably just John it knows how. Just joking... of course. Thanks for this nice clip but it doesn't help me, why I have a feeling you tease me with this? I'm already addicted to that hoarse, growling sound of Mesa, just simply I don't have nothing to sell in order to buy such monster. Maybe my cat, but I doubt cat would agree... Hey Srini, if you spot some Mesa giveaway, please drop a info, I'll let you to play it each day, free, OK?
    Hahaha!! Besides, John had Randy standing next to him tweaking the controls and splainin' stuff!!!

I have to admit, that little beast does sound damn good! Still there's that sweetness I'm not hearing, but I'm willing to bet its because of the way people (including John) set the amp for the genre that I don't particularly care for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did that very sweet, touch sensitive, fusiony lead tone extremely well. I must say, a very well thought out package.

Srini

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Stan, if you find yourself in Lincoln City, stop by The Signal and test-drive a Goodsell Super 17:

http://www.superseventeen.com/amplif...xe-format.html

I have one of the early, stripped down ones (no reverb or trem) and it is tonal heaven. When I had a chance to eat dinner with Sonny Landreth, I asked him if he had any new and exiting amps that he liked, that was the one he mentioned.
    Dude, you had me at tonal heaven! I roll through L City about 4-5 times a year, is The Signal a guitar shop? This might be fun.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.