Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Weird editing process

It seems that I'm only one person that find issues on FT, but I must say this: before ten minute a made a post into thread How to maintain pace with time and after I clicked submit button I spotted a HTML tag that somehow appear inside my post. No problem, I thought, I clicked on Edit button but got error that message I just entered is less than 3 character long, beside this in editor's window wasn't any of text I wished to edit, only white space!?
    I tried it again with other browser but same thing. Then I tried as incognito mod, same thing. I don't see how classic copy of text into FT could harm code but it seems like that.

Administrator
    Thanks

If you are copying text into a post from some other website it's possible that your browser isn't handling the copy/paste correctly.

It's also possible that where you are copying from doesn't want you to copy their content and is using methods to prevent it.

Since we don't know what you are actually doing, and what is actually going wrong I don't see how we can help you. From the looks of your post above you are not having any problems simply writing a post. So, I'd have to guess whatever it is that you are doing differently is what is causing the problem - not a problem with FT.
    FenderTalk Administrator

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

How about copying the text and pasting it into a temporary Word file and then copying it again from that file - perhaps it will paste properly then.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    How about copying the text and pasting it into a temporary Word file and then copying it again from that file - perhaps it will paste properly then.
    That's a good suggestion - but something like notepad or wordpad might even be better. I should have thought of that when I responded previously.
    FenderTalk Administrator

Fender Lover
    Thanks

In many situations, when it comes to long text, I use a word processor, like Notepad ++ or Notepad2, just to avoid the problem with tags, and therefore it is not clear from where the tag appeared in the middle of the text. It does not matter.
    However, regardless of whether I copied the text or writing directly, I should be able to change the text written with the Edit option, and I could not do, only appeared white, empty space of the editor, which would otherwise have to appear text. I thought it was strange, so I wrote a complaint. So far I have not noticed this behavior when writing messages and changes.
    It's probably just me. And my computer.