Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Short time for posting

I'm not English expert, probably not expert for gear too, but sometime I like to write long post, or my writing just takes a time. Before few days I tried to write some opinions, an long article, I clicked on submit button but page asked to log in. I logged properly but page hanged as white, empty space... like I just opened Word processor, and in same time all my gain and article were lost somewhere in abyss of FT-server Is there some kind of settings in order to avoid this "feature", not all of us are always in mood to answer just with few words, like: awesome, nice, congrats..., sometime a one had wish to write even few sentences!? Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks

People log in here but they do not log out. The system has a 30-min timer and logs you out automatically if we see zero activity from your login session ID. Typing a post on your computer happens 100% on your computer. It does not communicate with FT in any way.

30-min SHOULD be enough time to create a response - and one with more than one sentence.

You can take an hour or more to create your post if you need the time, just do it in the full-text editor or click "Go Advanced" in the Quick Reply editor and click on preview every 15 to 20 mins. That way the action of previewing your post will communicate with our server to let the system know you are still here.
    FenderTalk Administrator

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FenderTalk For This Useful Post:

tele savalas (12-16-2014)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FenderTalk View Post
    You can take an hour or more to create your post if you need the time, just do it in the full-text editor or click "Go Advanced" in the Quick Reply editor and click on preview every 15 to 20 mins. That way the action of previewing your post will communicate with our server to let the system know you are still here.
    Understood.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Or if yer gonna be gone for a while, just 'copy'.... and paste when ya get back....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Yeah, like the guys say, copy and save! I'm sorry we missed your hard earned labors of love.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.