Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    FT Member
    Thanks

Personally, I prefer the feel of a rosewood fretboard. I don't know if how much of the tonal difference is in my head but I certainly notice that a rosewood neck feels substantially warmer to me

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

FT Member
    Thanks

Default Maple or Rosewood

I think most of us had our first experience with maple finger boards via telecasters and therefore we expect that bright, chirpy tone no matter what our ears tell our brains. To this day I believe that denser, tight grained wood equates to brighter tone. That said, maple is my preference, followed by ebony, then rosewood. I would kill for some of the roasted, flame maple that Fender is using these days!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Big difference in appearance and stability but not tone. If you like playing a bare maple neck with just a bit of tung oil, you'll get a lot more mileage out of a roasted neck.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

FT Member
    Thanks

Wow, that's gorgeous!

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Tele S. has it dead right. It might look better or be more stable, but differences in the tone of the guitar are the result of your vision convincing other senses of an illusion. Which is what happens all the time in your brain, even though our vision is extremely unreliable, too.
    "No matter how smart you thought you were, you are actually way less smart than that." - David Foster Wallace, from Infinite Jest

Fenderfied
    Thanks

This reminds me of food and textures affecting what we like to eat. Anywho, I am loving the roasted neck stuff. Fender needs to start popping them on production models. I have been looking at the Ernie Ball Musicman necks that are roasted. The look really nice. I'm going to have to break down and order an Aronson soon. The lead time is probably 2 years anyway.
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I can't believe this exercise in futility has been going on this long without my weighing in. I like them both and I think everybody should own at least one of each fingerboard wood. I've got 6 Fenders (two with rosewood and four with maple. I really don't think I could tell the difference in feel if I was blindfolded. A guitar is a system and I believe that the body wood and pickups affect the tone way more that the fingerboard.

P.S. My favorite player is an American Deluxe Strat with a rosewood fingerboard.

P.P.S. I guess I'm missing one with a Pau Ferro fingerboard.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I'm with Jerry.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I'm in the same train of thought... System, with pickups, then body resonance, then other misc. bits affecting overall tone.
    Whether you think you can...or you can't...you're right!

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!!!