Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Love the feel of this '74 Tele-been playing it non-stop since purchase!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomWes View Post
    That a nice looking fiddle, Kingsley. Welcome aboard. It's a good one for you to be boastful.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    It looks wonderfully nekkid without a pickguard!
    Thank you. I'm actually thinking of selling it. I'm more of an acoustic player these days. It is mint - strummed it once and never even been plugged in. Complete with Custom Shop paperwork

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Wow. So many super nice guitars. But I can't help but feel mine is the very best... for its purpose, that is.

I intended to buy the cheapest neck and body I could find and build a guitar like this, but you never know about resonance, balance, etc. As luck would have it I dropped in to Bananas At Large and they had this Squier VM SSH Telecaster... discontinued, dirty, and with a short somewhere in the wiring. It was never going to sell, but even with the corroded strings I could hear the body and neck speaking. So I bought it cheap. Here it is completed: a complete fret mill by an amazing local luthier, pickups changed for (top to bottom) a Lindy Fralin minihumbucker, a Duncan Vintage Rails and a Duncan Vintage Stack. A Callahan bridge (3 brass compensated saddles) a matte black guard from Warmoth, and all new CTS pots and Witchcraft switches. Plays great, sounds awesome, cost me about $650 (I got the Fralin used and cheap from a friend). It might be the most versatile guitar ever. Not to mention I think it's really good looking.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

That is one handsome Tele, Mike! And I see you set up the control plate the way I like 'em. But I must ask, what did you wire the little switch to do?
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

SA, it's nothing special: it's wired to turn on the bridge pickup, so I can still get the neck/bridge combo with a five way switch.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Hey, that's special! I was just curious what it does, 'cause I have wired up all kinds of funky stuff on my gits.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Default My best friend

for more years than I can remember. It's basically a "FrankenTele" . It is composed of a Paulownia wood body that weighed just under 2 lbs. and a neck from I have no idea what year Tele. Both pickups are of what maker , I also have no idea but they have always given me the tone I have heard in my head. The tuners are vintage Kluson.
    It has a Fender bridge plate with brass compensated saddles, controls by Rockin-R-Guitars out in Montana. Russian .047 paper in oil caps, volume bleed circuit, bone hand made nut by the great Mike Forrester of Forrester Kustom Guitars. The whole guitar weighs just a shade over 4 lbs.
    Very nice when slung over my shoulder for hours at a time. Well back when I was playing out at least.
    Now days I sit and play

Along with my trusted old companion, my Fender Vibrolux Reverb amp I never had any trouble getting all the tones I ever needed at any time.

My take is that a Telecaster is about the most universal, adaptable guitar ever made. Although it is of the simplest design it has proved itself through so many years and yet has for the most part remained unchanged for all this time. I own plenty of excellent electric guitars but this one gets played and got played way way more than the others. It is the extension of my musical soul so to speak. This guitar they will put in the pine box they bury me in

I named him TQ after my best friend in life and one of my major influences musically for over 53 years of playing guitar. On the left is my favorite Strat
    Last edited by oldplayer; 12-12-2017 at 06:34 PM.

FT Member
    Thanks

These are my currently most used guitars.

My Fender Paramount Limited Edition PM3 000 and TQ my Tele.

Yes I did change out the pickguard to a tortise one recently just for a different look. It's as simple as changing one's shirt as I'm sure everyone knows.

I use the Boss Katana 50 amp for in house practice because I can drop the wattage down to 0.5 watts and still have all the tone I need. Keeps me on the good side of my neighbors
    Last edited by oldplayer; 12-12-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

I see Photobucket is holding your images hostage as well. I'm in the laborious process of moving mine over to http://postimg.org

I will have to go back and edit of of my "build" threads. Bastards.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tele savalas For This Useful Post:

oldplayer (12-14-2017)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast