Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FT Member
    Thanks

Cool Mi familia de guitarras!

No, I don't know why I attempted Spanish either. My wife, daughter, and boss all speak it fluently.

Me, not so much.

Here's most of them:

Also, not pictured above is this Melody Maker I'd love to keep, but am flipping simply because I already have a batch of P-90 guitars and am running out of room:

I play my acoustics so seldom I don't even have a collage of those. I have one regular acoustic (no-name '70's MIJ) and one 12-string acoustic ('70's Yamaha beater), seen in this old pic:

The mandolin in the above pic is my dad's and has been returned to him, replaced by a Fender acoustic-electric mandolin. My acoustic-electric guitar is an uber-cheapo Esteban (ha!) I bought out of desperation to do a last-minute church gig audition with. It pretty much lives at church, and surprisingly gets the job done, despite that it's no doubt constructed of cardboard and stuck together with the tears of Chinese orphans:

FT Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

As to the first pic above, of the electrics, I know it's a collage, and thus not a proper "family photo," but that's gotten to be a lot of work of late. The last time I did a proper real-time group photo was over a year and a half ago (and of course there've been changes since):

The checkerboard guitar is my first electric, made into a wall hanging over 20 years ago. I lost track of it in the '80's, only for it to resurface a couple years back. One of my college housemates had had it the whole time! It's a terrible guitar, which I repainted by hand for decorative purposes, but it looks good from afar, at a glance. ;) It currently has a "place of honor" out in the band practice space in the garage:

Whew. I guess that's it!
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; 03-10-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Dudes, we have another gear-hoarder! Hallelujah!!
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    Dudes, we have another gear-hoarder! Hallelujah!!
    Well, I prefer to think of it as a mere accumulation over a very long amount of time. I've had a few of those for over 30 years!

;)

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Don't fret, Brian - we bust chops at each other, but we all feel totally frugal when we look at the stuff Ajay Tele has. ;)
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

FT Member
    Thanks

Haha, no worries! I'll hafta check out Ajay's.

At one point I think I averaged the guitars and the average price of each guitar I have is like $300 or so. So despite the silly overall numbers, a lot of them were pretty good deals. The most I've spent for a guitar is $750 (LP Classic, like new w/ohsc), and after that it drops down to a few around $400-$500. But a whole mess of them cost me in the $100-$250 range.

Probably the best deal is the red Ric 620. A friend traded it to me for an Epiphone Flying V. I'd obtained the Epi previously for $250.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Krash, you earned The Seal! Not bad, I've never enjoyed that privilege myself. You have a quite varied assortment there, my meager collection has many less brands and models, I guess I'm stuck in a few ruts. I do own one acoustic, and actually had to play it last weekend!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
    Krash, you earned The Seal! Not bad, I've never enjoyed that privilege myself. You have a quite varied assortment there, my meager collection has many less brands and models, I guess I'm stuck in a few ruts. I do own one acoustic, and actually had to play it last weekend!
    Yeah, I actually played the Esteban acoustic/electric this last Sunday morning, first time in months. For Lent our pastor wanted to do a different order of service, and it's sorta a folk service. So we had 4 or 5 short liturgical pieces to learn all at once. One of them was really difficult (not for a really good player, but difficult for us, haha!). In addition to basically a bazillion chords in short order, one was in 3/8 time. We had a BIG problem with that one and had basically given up on it, but we took one last stab at it pre-service and did it anyhow. Fortunately, no train wrecks were had!

So that was 2 weeks in a row where we had some unusual challenges. The week before that, our band leader was out of the country for a wedding, so we had to play without him. He leads the band and is the lead singer and keyboardist, so we played without keyboards and added an acoustic (not played by me, but one of our bassists switching to acoustic guitar). Our usual backing singers sang lead, and I was "in charge" for purposes of cuing people. We have a teeny bandstand to begin with (the keyboards are set in front of it, because they won't fit), and with an extra person on it, we were really scrunched together. Fortunately, it worked out fine! Here's a pic someone took, I'm the short guy with the Daphne Blue Strat, behind the 3 guitars was a drum kit (you can see the drummer's head off to the right with headphones on):

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Nice Daphne Strat! But man, you've got to get those singers' eyes off the music stands!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.