Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Keb, my brother! Finally, a guy as lazy as a I am. I like my little electric Norelco, it's good enough for me and my woman. Heck, a few hours after any good shave, and ya got another gristle goin' anyway. It never stays smooth for very long!
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Somehow Stan, I'd had you down as a hard shaving, hard riding Harley man. The kinda guy that could shave with a broken beer bottle and take it in his stride. My illusion is shattered Bro.
    Last edited by Captain Bb; 12-08-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    ...what do you think he's using for lather? Someone asked him in the comments but he didn't respond.
    Just got around to watching a couple more of his videos where he mentions he's using Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood shaving cream.

http://shavenation.com/index.php?mai...13vt60h2vqq013

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bb View Post
    Somehow Stan, I'd had you down as a hard shaving, hard riding Harley man. The kinda guy that could shave with a broken beer bottle and take it in his stride. My illusion is shattered Bro.
    Sorry, broski. Didn't wanna let you down like that. Actually, when I'm out on long rides, the shaving doesn't even get done. That can wait until I get back home. I've never been a clean shaven guy anyway, always had some kind of beard going.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Been wetshaving for a couple of years now. Will never go back, but I still use a cartridge when traveling. The soap makes all the difference. Even a cartridge with a decent shaving soap is miles above the canned stuff.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Got my Jagger tonight, Cap'n. As well as a Vintage Blades Finest Silvertip Badger brush and 6 or 7 different types of blades. If I don't post tomorrow, I've probably bled to death.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Jagger & Silvertip - as fine a pairing as Fender & Tweed fer sure.

Easy as she goes Doc and welcome to The Bluebeard's League for Real Men!

May I suggest a couple of fingers of grog to steady the hand perhaps and only 2 passes to start with.

Don't be discouraged if the initial results aren't as satisfactory as you'd hoped - it took me about a week or so before I was tacking close enough to the wind to get nick-free, baby-smooth results on three passes.

After using cartridge razors I tended to put too much pressure on the tiller and set the jib at too steep of an angle. Just lay the razor against your face with the handle pointing straight down first of all then angle it (little-by-little) until you just feel the cutting edge start to do its work. No pressure required.
    Last edited by Captain Bb; 12-10-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Went very smoothly. No nicks and a damn fine shave! Far better than I ever got with the mach 3! I shaved right before work, so I had to pass on the grog.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Way to go that man!

Buoyed by your success, I broke out the Jagger myself this evening and did a three pass number.

Bluebeard's Revenge pre-shave oil, Poraso menthol shaving cream and a fresh Derby blade.

Smooooth Baby!

The DE89 is now back in pole position.
    Last edited by Captain Bb; 12-10-2013 at 04:50 PM.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bb View Post
    Way to go that man!

Buoyed by your success, I broke out the Jagger myself this evening and did a three pass number.

Blue Beard's Revenge pre-shave oil, Poraso menthol shaving cream and a fresh Derby blade.

Smooooth Baby!
    Now look here, hasn't this gone quite far enough? Do you really have all day to shave and don't you have anything better to do, like play guitar or something? What on earth is the use of scientific research, technological advancement, animal experimentation and bloody expensive television marketing if you are simply going to reject the time saving advantages the aforementioned have brought to you. Those minutes you have squandered pandering to some bare blade fetish could have been usefully employed in acquiring the Adonai Malakh mode or practising the Prometheus scale. Kindly put down your razor strop and pay attention to your instrument!
    You know, said Arthur, its at times like this, when Im trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish Id listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
    Why, what did she tell you?
    I dont know, I didnt listen.

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast