FT Member
    Thanks

Default Anyone else own a Jazz Plus?

I own a '92 Jazz Plus. Great sounding bass with a lot of tonal flexibility thanks to the Kubicki preamp. Unfortunately it is fairly hefy.

It took a little adjustment to get accustomed to the smaller headstock, but I love the 22 fret neck.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I don't own a Jazz anymore, but I used to! I guess that was back in the 80's somewhere, and it was a great bass.
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Me too - I had a '71 Jazz that I sold in the early 80s that I still kick myself for getting rid of. If I were planning on getting back into bass in a serious way, a Jazz would be at the top of my wish list.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah, why in the world did I ever sell my old Jazz Bass, or my Precision for that matter? It's a sickness, I tell ya! We shouldn't sell, it only brings regret later. Still though, I've become so accustomed to 5-string basses that I don't think I could play a 4-stringer anymore. Those low notes are the reason you play bass, aren't they? Still, Fender makes some nice 5-string basses these days.

FT Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teleblooz View Post
    Me too - I had a '71 Jazz that I sold in the early 80s that I still kick myself for getting rid of. If I were planning on getting back into bass in a serious way, a Jazz would be at the top of my wish list.
    My first Jazz Bass was a '71.

In 1975 I was having the local music store refinish the body in mahogany brown stain. I mounted the Jazz bass pickups on a Musicmaster as a temporary replacement. Unfortunately I left the Jazz bass neck, neckplate and case with my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

When the body was ready I had no neck. And the only option for a new neck at that time was working through a dealer to order a replacement neck, a time consuming task if you could find someone willing to help you. The used neck option meant that you might find a Precision neck but every used Jazz neck was spoken for by P bass players wanting a skinny neck.

So I ended up paying a good chunk of change for a refretted/refinished '62 Precision neck. Imagine tall jumbo frets on a wide but shallow neck with naturally relic'ed long stem tuners. Definitely not for me. It did not play or sound like before so I traded it away.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Divorces suck. I've been fortunate in that realm. I've been through two of them myself, but never lost any music equipment. Lost a couple of houses, and several trucks and automobiles, but no guitars or amps. Gotta draw the line somewhere!